Sign in to follow this  
rbbeng60

heavy duty engine mounts front mount finished

will any of em fit the 16v? ive got ever increasing engine movement even though ive done the front mount.

16v is on g2 platform so yes its also the same as g60, vr's are the same as mk3 golf platfrom.I have the same problem as you thats why im having a look at making the mounts.

I don't want a solid mount but somthing better than standard.I will keep posting developments.

i want to get rid of my ft solid mount. every thing in the car vibrates. it bloody horrible. hurry up. cos i'll have one. it can be my xmas pressy.

Hears some picks of the front engine mount, ready to go on a g60 at the weekend for our first stage of testing.

It’s a bit heavy ,but you could loose the weight by having a dump before you drive.:lol:

impressive! I was told i needed a new front mount pretty quickly at my trip to Gwerks last week.. get these rolling quickly and ill be up for one!

myself and dan (coolrado)will be at the stealth rolling road day on the 27th with mounts on his g60 and a spare set to show.so anyone going wiil be able to take a look.

although it would be possible for us to make solid front mounts we feel it causes too much stress on the front brace and engine to mount bracket.

there are two grades of polyurethane bush harder than the ones we have chosen, but we feel we have chosen the best blend of comfort and stability, we may find after testing, alterations may need to be made and then further testing carried out before they can be put into production.

we will update this post as we go with any further developments.

i am having to get mine done this week as they are knacked, pity as I would have tried to wait for your rbbeng60.

Best of luck anyway, seen as I am buying the cheapest I can (money issues) no doubt it won't be long before they need replacing again!

Lippy

16v is on g2 platform so yes its also the same as g60, vr's are the same as mk3 golf platfrom.I have the same problem as you thats why im having a look at making the mounts.

I don't want a solid mount but somthing better than standard.I will keep posting developments.

Great looking piece of kit.

I think the front engine mount on the C VR is different to the Golf VR but I'm sure someone can confirm this.

It’s a bit heavy ,but you could loose the weight by having a dump before you drive.:lol:

Hey - my kind of engineering :lol:

Was after solid front mount but may wait a little while yet...

Chris.

hopefully after this weekend when we fit the mounts to a g60 i will be up and running and get some out there.

if you are going to the stealth day i will be there with a set to get feedback.

rbbeng60, cool, will be at stealth, dont think i need one but if the price is okay might be up for one just for the mod factor LOL

Yeah we'd all be interested I tyhink!!!!! I need a new front engine mount as I keep ripping my front enigine mount bracket using my solid front engine mount - Toooooo much Torque I think!!

Too much agressive right foot.. you need some finesse.

The mounts look top doller..very impressive pieces of kit.

bcstudent, I've got the same problem, should have changed it ages ago.

billinjahg60, 8) Yeh I want a price for the full set too

sorry about this, but Ben hasnt really had time to do much work on the mounts, or even come on here to check the forum, due to his 1962 splitty project arriving in the uk a bit earlier than expected.

we are both going to be working on it flat out for a while before the show season starts, i'm actually still picking the grit from the bead blaster out of my ears as i type after we started on it today :lol: .

we have also been looking into farming out the manufacture of some of the mount parts to a fully automated machine shop who also have the facillity to stress test the components.

they are quite time consuming to produce and if they are made in bulk the costs can be brought down and the finnished price should therefore be lower.

he does still intend to go into full production with the mounts but cant promise when it will be.

again sorry if any of you have been waiting for these, but ben couldnt pass up the oppertunity to get this camper when it came along and its been a dream of his for a while to get his hands on one.

its a 1962, 13 window (i think) walkthrough which is soon having a brand new engine and IRS fitted as well as the full deluxe kit and safari pop outs 8) the lucky b*stard :mrgreen: