V3DUB

Service history reveal all??

One of my mates hired a 6 series bmw for the weekend, we went to collect this on thurs night i just started chattin to the hire rep and asked him what the deal was with the unlimited mileage policy and also do the cars sell for alot cheaper when it comes to selling . He didnt really want to say but ended up lettin it slip, he said that all cars are are sold after 2-3 years and are still average mileage?, i didn't know what he was onabout, the way i see it hire cars are more or less on the road all time. He then explained that alot of hire companies buy a car virtually brand new say 3-4k miles the cars are let but when the service is due they clock back to show the car has only done a few thousand miles, this procedure is repeated for up until the car is auctioned off, what your're left with is a car with full service history which all adds up same as the clock but a heck of alot miles in reality.......i was fookin shocked at the things that go on out there.....

maybe thats what happens in the prestige side but i work for Europcar p/t and i can assure you they never clock the motors,they are supplied from manufactures and they all have a mileage limit(which varies)and the hire companies get penalised if they go over it.....but we are speaking of 12-14k miles...........the oldest motors aside from commercials are all on 05 plates too btw,so not even 1 yo

Rodders already got a P/T job to fund the porka :lol:

hire cars get seriously abused (from what i seen anyways) and if they are being clocked they must be dead in 5 years time

Rodders already got a P/T job to fund the porka :lol:

hire cars get seriously abused (from what i seen anyways) and if they are being clocked they must be dead in 5 years time

na had this job for over 4 years now............don't do it so much for the money(its min wage btw)............but it does have a major perk..........cheap lease cars.............Toureg for £202 per month :twisted: or S4 cab for £245 :twisted: :twisted: .......just a pity i haven't bothered with one yet

and without doubt they do get hammered some are up to it some aint

wouldnt mind a job like that also,,,but i know for a fact hey wouldnt give me a S4 for a month,,,,it be all over after a day :lol:

The reason that hire cars get abused is due to to one simple reason: the fastest car in the world is a car that doesn't belong to you.

The reason that hire cars get abused is due to to one simple reason: the fastest car in the world is a car that doesn't belong to you.

oh Yes... :)