Sign in to follow this  
Trakx

Intercooler on a air conditioned Corrado

I have a Corrado for 2 months now... it has AC but the radiator is missing... now I bought FMIC from a volvo 945, an it's huge... have to setl it in though. In march or april I want to put back the AC radiator and I don't think that both FMIC and AC radiator can be fitted... i'm thinking for swapping it with a narrow one to put it down...in the front bumper.

Here is a web page that it was verry usefull to me

http://www.student.kun.nl/p.oonincx/Intercooler.html

Makes 1 wonder how the hell those oldish big volvos ever saw any boost from their relativly small Garret T25 turbos...

I've been thinking about :wink: this and reckon that i couldn't put a large FMIC :( so what about a smaller FMIC and also keeping the original one!!! :shock:

I thought about it because of the Audi TT 225 HP, it has 2 small intercoolers, :shock: each one in front of the front wheels.. soo why not put a front mount intercooler and still use the stock one!!! :)

Would it work??

some of the later saabs have a dual pass front mount unit thats not too terribly large (900CS or 9-2 here in the states) that seems like it should do a pretty good job.

I found one in the wrecker a few months ago but it was knackered.. looked fine from the top, but once i got the bumper cap off it was torn up on the bottom and the end tank was cracked..