Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

dyno rolling road days

Hi there

Ive had my VR about six months now and have spent alot of money on mods of such ,but have enjoyed spending every penny ! I am collecting a few engine mods at the minute to fit early spring time which include..

264 CAMS

P AND P INLET MANIFOLD

P AND P TB

I wanted to find out the standard unmodded bhp of it first before i tinker with it to see if its all been worth while. I here that places do rolling road days where i would think you get dynoed cheaper? Does anyone know of any happening soon or companys that do these special days?

What kind of output do you think i would be expecting with these mods with a standard air box K&N panel and standard exhaust ? This would be after a custom remap from stealth ofcourse !

Let me Know :)

(dont know where hove is sorry) but seen as you mentioned it i dont think stealth are too expensive. there is a rr day this sunday but it`s fully booked i`m afraid, you could pop down to watch, should be interesting with a lot of different spec cars on the rollers

ben

Hove is next to Brighton, I don't know the area to advise on RRs.

A healthy standard VR is looking at about 200hp with about 190 ft/lb. A lot of the standard VRs on here seem to make that or slightly over.

With your porting and cams you could see as much as 215 ish..... depends how good the mods and engine are.

There's a very good RR in Farnborough which is quite near you. It's called Surrey Rolling Road. Google it and ye will find all.

Cheers guys !

I think i might give the one in farnborough a go !

(HAYWIRE) I was hoping for more like 230 bhp am i hoping high ?

Maybe with the ported tb and manifold and cams with jetex exhaust and BMC maybe ?

Well a schrick manifold, 268 cams, filter, exhaust, flowed throttle and a remap usually sees around the 225 mark, but you never know, you might achieve that with your planned mods.

Cheers guys !

I think i might give the one in farnborough a go !

(HAYWIRE) I was hoping for more like 230 bhp am i hoping high ?

Maybe with the ported tb and manifold and cams with jetex exhaust and BMC maybe ?

I'm planning to get mine RR'd at Surrey Rolling Road, probably in the new year so if you fancied meeting up there drop me a pm. :)

I think it's £45 for a few runs.