Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Ignition Leads for vr6

My cars currently in for a service and the garage just phoned to say that one of my leads is gubbed and the rest are in a poor state. I suspected this due to a slight misfire and roughness at idle.

So, what leads to go for, VW for probably £100+, ECP for £50+vat or another aftermarket make. :?

Joe M, Mate I was in the same situation as you.

I went for Quantim leeds from VW, they are the recommended leeds along side the O/E which are something silly like 20 and 25 for each leed.

I would get the magnicor leeds, problem is they take 5 days to make so you need something now hence why I went with the quantium leeds from VW.

They are a resonable price and if vw sell them over the counter they cant be to bad. I had a problem with them as they have a small amount of lubricant in the caps, mine kept poping off the the plugs and dizzy cap untill some of the head dried the oil up and I had to keep clicking them back on for an afternoon then they are fine.

I have the set from Eurocarparts.

£55 and are holding up well. I was impressed by the quality - good chunky leads and well made. A lot better than the poor mis-match of leads in there when I bought the car!

I was more or less decided on the ecp ones before I posted due to the price mainly. Will try and get a set tommorow.

Cheers

Yeah, they're definately value for money.