Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

headgasket? damn!

having complete brain freeze! laying under the valver spanner in hand! do i need to take the p/s pump off? didnt have to in the g60 thought they might be the same?

edit: did the thermostat and no difference still running at 100 and not really coming down. feels like system is being pressurised and when i run it with the exp cap off it shoots the water out in spurts could it be the headgaskets gone? no oil in the water as far as can see and no water in the oil.

The PS pump needs to come off and theres a hidden bolt behind it so look out for it :lol: Then unbolt the water pump and replace the thermostat. (Thats what I think I did anyway :lol: :lol: )

you have to remove the water pump?

No,2 10mm bolts on water pump flange that goes to bottom of rad,undo em and thermostat is in there

No,2 10mm bolts on water pump flange that goes to bottom of rad,undo em and thermostat is in there

cool so same as g60 really i was just being simple!

mmmm just had a chat with a mate he suggested maybe its fine and the temp sender is giving bad readings as the car is running fine and doesnt seem to be loosing anymore water, ive also noticed there is a sender on the side of the head thats spade connector has snapped off so its not doing anything?!