Sign in to follow this  
woody

Awesome GTI

Need to buy a reiger grille and some badges, bestie (spelling) boys are back. Anybody bought anything from Awersome GTI and have they ever offered any discount to forum members.

They all seem genuine guys at Awsome and Dubbers through and through. I wanted a parcel shelf for my Golf they didn't have one but one of the guys there had one for sale and they dealt with it for me and sent it next day. 8)

Not sure about discount for forum members but support what Chris (endor71) says, they are genuine guys and I think just owning a vw is what its all about. they spent ages working on a wrong readout on the outside temp gauge for me once (turned out vag had sold me the wrong sensor! we all learned something that day) and charged me minimal amount despite the time it took.

dunno bought discount bought loads of them from boss kits to badges good and reliable service although their postage is quiet high but they get the job done

I've dealt with Jim Cotton for the last 8 years or so since they were up Yorkshire way before Ian Birch left to set up DubSport...

He's always been spot on with his advice and has always seemed on the level and not just after a quick profit. Since they moved to just outside of Stoke, I've only dealt with them a few times, but their service has stayed as good, and now they are just outside Manchester I've bought a few things off them for my G60 and have no complaints about any of their staff, advice, knowledge or products... :D

All I know is that, without his help, parts and some of his advice, my 16V MKI golf wouldn't have been on the road when it was back in '96... 8)

:lol: ..if you keep locking threads there will be more locked than open.. :lol: plus other people might want to add there praise or disapproval about awesome

Yeah.. its a fair point. Can leave it unlocked for now - you can post to let us know how you got on and if the item arrived when expected :)

Depends on the colour of the car. I personally prefer the grill to be black and just the eyebrow body coloured. But thats just my opinion...

I prefer a black grill as well...... just paint the eyebrow

Awesome are not cheap but they do give excellent service

Ok Bits received one week after ordering them by phone (they moved the wharehouse last weekend. Now painting the eyebrow. Ok what are all the bits i got with the grill ( bag ) What are the tubes of glue for theres enough to but humpty dumbty back together again.

The glue is probably for sticking along the underside of the eyebrow to the car. You have to fix the eyebrow at each end so, the glue will save you from drilling into your headlight surrounds as well.

good luck in fitting the grill mate.....as per my previous post they are not a easy o.e quailty fit ...