Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Anyone converted their 16v from k jet to digifant from a mk3

I am considering this conversion but i am just wondering has anyone done it?

I am nearly certain its a plug and play conversion

I am considering this conversion but i am just wondering has anyone done it?

I am nearly certain its a plug and play conversion

Mate its simple

If youve got the ABF engine get the complete engine loom etc (should be four plugs for the back of the fuse box and a extra relay for lambda you might have this already)

and your done. Then all you have to do is get the fuel lines made up with the bolt connectors

oh and throw all that k-jet crap away :D keep them loom incase u need it for future

I am looking to do this conversion on my MK2, would it be simpler to do on a Digifant MK2?

Thanks

D.

is it? ive yet to fine a 200bhp k-jet thats run on AMD or Stleath racing the most i could get out of mine was 186bhp was leanign way of mid top range

when i changed over form K-jet to DTA ok its not OEM but still i found a huge difference in the way the car pulled especially top half

and its not as if it was only my car that sufferent the k-jet my mates, (rmn ownes it now) even thou it pulled strong never felt it was as good as it could be

gazzag60 i agee with u its fine but not good

clubgti golf 2l 16v running k-jet 201bhp

really whom in club gti? and considering Bill from badger 5 on throttle bodies only made 201bhp I would like to see that setup

As siad before, K jet is fine, not good. It does make the car feel more lively than digi but never as refined.

I have heard of a couple of K jet valvers making 225bhp+ in a race class where the engine had to look standard on the out side but could be modded to F*** internally, so yes it is very possible, but imagin what these engines on standalone could achive, over 260bhp would be possible and be far more driverable.

BTW i have a ABF inlet for sale.

Email me mailto:[email protected]

ian b is running 201bhp on club gti,2l 16v on k-jet,shrick cams etc

Stealth can tune the k-jet better than actually chipping a digipants,so unless your planning a turbo or charger i cant see it being worth the time and labour

so wait a min

stealth can do VR's DTA APR now K-jet re-chipping but when it came to doing my custom map for my G60 he cant? whats all that about? anyone else chipped their G60 there? back to topic lol

also i still fine it very hard to believe that a engine can be mapped perfectly through a mechanical piece of equipment come on even webbers can be more accurate and they dont even mate huge power figures

but i guess it can be done but im guessing this Ian B has crap loads of money in that engine? because i had £4000 just in the engine and I wouldnt say it was slow gave a few vr boys alot of run for their money so I cant imagine other than knief edged crank and high lift cam's he could have done better than mine

but in RMN case as he is putting abf engine in there I think its the only sensible choice the mkIII system is built for that engine so whats the point putting a engine in there without the right acessories lol

plus the flow of the mkIII inlet is alot better design IMO to the KR or 9A

Wow, the thread has grown, thanks lad's

As Alex said, the car is not slow by any stretch of the imagination, but it is limited by the fuel injection, a set of cams and a remapped/chipped(custom code are supposede to be good with abf, and ex AMD Geoff who is ocassionally at stealth) setup should give a nice power increase from the 150 standard.

As for over 200 bhp from k jet, i am sure it can be done, but the costs of getting 200 bhp out of mechanical injection must be very high, with electronic it is a lot simpler, you can chip, it change injectors, change fpr and various other small things to increase the bhp.

But this is just an info thread i am looking at, i got the abf engine for a very good price and it has almost everything there, so it would be reasonably easy to do.

Keep the info coming.

With high power k/ke jet what sort of specs are they running?

I know the abf was used in the mk3 golf rally cars and they were good for 250+bhp

Thanks

so wait a min

stealth can do VR's DTA APR now K-jet re-chipping but when it came to doing my custom map for my G60 he cant? whats all that about? anyone else chipped their G60 there? back to topic lol

Vince has only just aquired the kit to burn chips and will start offering the service next year, you can't chip a K-Jet - it's mechanical injection...

but i thought he took it all off Geoff back in March when he left form canada? i heard that Geoff was passing everything onto Vince so he could carry on for him?? any how might be wrong

I didnt realise you where fitting an abf.Ian bs engine was built by tsr and that hasnt had alot done internally.

Theres another chap with same spec engine on throttlebodies making 199bhp.

The price for injectors,chip,mapping and fpr will be more than a tune up with k-jet at approx an hours work £60.

I can totally appreaciate that k-jet is basic and cant be tuned as accurate as digipants in certain areas,and as the enigines coming out it wont be such a bad job to convert to digi

The K-jet is mechanical for fuel delivery but the ignition is from an ECU. That can be mapped with Kstar and VSAM etc.

Still not as good as a fully mapped set up though.

Gavin

why would you ever want to do this, (change from K jet to digi?) I have built cars with 200 BHP (2ltr flowed head, shrick 268 276`s and all the trimmings) on K jet,, and costs nothing apart from adjusting the system control pressure to 48 psi on a warm engine by adjusting the screw under the cap on the back of the warm up regulator,, and then a good tune,, easy peasy

.Ian bs engine was built by tsr and that hasnt had alot done internally.

sorry but I find it very hard to believe that a engine thats not had much done is running 201bhp there has to be alot of work in there and im guessing its one of TSR race engines?

why would you ever want to do this, (change from K jet to digi?) I have built cars with 200 BHP (2ltr flowed head, shrick 268 276`s and all the trimmings) on K jet,, and costs nothing apart from adjusting the system control pressure to 48 psi on a warm engine by adjusting the screw under the cap on the back of the warm up regulator,, and then a good tune,, easy peasy

call me stupid but all of a sudden there loads of K-jet 200bhp cars out there :roll: I might not know every trick under the book but I do know a standard engine with cams some porting isnt going to give you 60bhp increase just because u added some fuel it takes more accurate tuning of fueling and ignition.

9A,, brand new short block from VW £950 exchange,, I then fitted raceware con rod bolts,

doing another one for my mate at the mo but on a rebuilt bottom end,,

and that will be 200 bhp too,,

also ian b`s engine is just the same,, (a rebuilt bottom end with arp con rod bolts, shrick cams, 4 branch 2 1/2 inch exhaust flowed inlet manifold,,)

as for ignition tuning on all the cars of similar spec the ignition is not remapped just the base timing value increaced to around 11 - 13 degrees,,

you will find it hard to get a 9a to pink,, power in fact starts dropping off before this happens,,

anything you want to know just ask as i will know,, :D

sorry mate but I cant see how your getting that

Except for the fact mine had cams built for torque and when running the DTA on Coil pack i got 191bhp and 160ls of torque I cant see how your making more than 10bhp more than me considering I had

Vw motorsport oversized pistons

Ceramic covered internals

Fully balance engine compnents even cams able to rev to 8000rpm

conrods strenghten etc

APR bolts

3 way cut valves

Full porting with everything matched to head

2 1/2 custom system

and off course the DTA

what 1/4 miles you hitting in these cars? what spec are the cars? and were you had the figures certified?

as for ignition tuning on all the cars of similar spec the ignition is not remapped just the base timing value increaced to around 11 - 13 degrees,,

you will find it hard to get a 9a to pink,, power in fact starts dropping off before this happens,,

anything you want to know just ask as i will know,,

Mine is a 9A with KR cams, I've tidied up the ports and matched the manifolds, basically I have done my best at a DIY gas flowed head and manifolds. It has a magnex cat back system and still has a cat, beleive it or not I prefer it's power with the cat - I've swapped between cat and cat bypass several times.

Mine made 162bhp and 152Ibft with the ignition timing at 6 deg BTDC, I've since advanced it to 8 deg and noticed an improvement, particularly in mid range power. From what you are saying I could gain more by advancing to 11-13 deg. I will have a go over the next week or so. Do you reckon there is more power to be gained from mine, or do you think the timing advance you mention is only really right with Schricks?

By the way I had Schrick 268/276 cams in it for a month or so, got nowhere with them, coincedently I was doing this at the same time as GVK on club GTI, who also gave up on them.

APOSEGIL

the one on throttle bodies makes 199.7 ATF on steaths rollers , IMOH its not the injection that holds these cars back for this very reason,,

same day Ian b`s made 201,,,

the new one should be ready after christmas then i will post up full figures etc for all to see and we will be at inters for 1/4 miles too,,

Nice spec on your engine there,,

what cams were you using? the shricks really are the icing on the cake on these engines,,

your torque figure all the same though is very impressive :wink: