Sign in to follow this  
JoeNose

Tom Tom Go

Having decided to make an early Christmas present of one of these (from me to me) :) I'm finding the standard windscreen mount is not perfectly secure. Does anyone have any experience of using a dash mount for one of these in a Corrado? If so which is there any which could be recommended?

slightly O/T but I have got TT5 on my XDA 2s, its the bees knees!

you been on http://www.pocketgpsworld.com? you can download all speed cameras locations and add them as POI to TomTom. You will then receive a warning when you approach a Gatso or Red light camera.

Totally free speed camera detector! :D

JoeNose, do you have the TomTom GO, or the newer 300/500/700s?

The Go's mounts were redesigned for the 300/500/700s which are a lot better. They should afix better.

Hope the Go was cheap.

The 300s are only £284.99 in Carphone Warehouse at the moment.

It's the Go 700 I bought on 'Buy Now Pay August 2006' from Savastore.com. And it is indeed one of the best pieces of kit I've owned!

And yeah, the free speed camera database was one thing I was after right from the start ;)

I understand I have the improved mount, but I've still found it can come loose when travelling over an especially bumpy road. Doesn't do a great deal for my driving suddenly having to lunge forward to hold it in place... The only worry I have with the Brodit Proclip is that the diagram for the Corrado version (651811 on http://www.brodit.se) seems to indicate it obscures part of the stereo, which could be a problem as I have a face-off Kenwood unit. Has anyone actually seen this mount used on a Corrado?

if you have the 700 with the built in hard drive make sure you dont drop it as the hard drive is very sensitive to shocks, a mate of mine who works on the audio counter in chester halfords has had quite a few returned for repair due to being dropped even on to carpet.

it costs almost as much as a new unit to have them repaired though.

they have been selling like hot cakes though almost every other car i pass on the motorway seems to have a tom tom sitting on the dash.