Sign in to follow this  
vr-man

Searching for a Subframe

Hi,

My Corrado VR6 is currently having loads of work done to renew the bushes and suspension. During removal of the wishbones the subframe was damaged which I was warned would probably happen.

Finding a new subrame is proving to be a bit of a problem. Does anyone know where I could get a new one or possibly 2nd hand in good cond. I've heard you can adapt the Golf VR6 subrame but I'm a bit wary.

I wonder if easyjet fly to Wolfsburg!

Well you're just being all technical and stuff now! :lol:

I've got a front cross-member with the front engine mount attached to it, but I don't think that's the bit yer looking for. It may also be bent, but I'm not sure.

I'm sure the part I need is the rear-cross member. I think it supports the engine and it definately has both the wishbones connected to it. It's where the wishbones attach that it tends to fail when undoing 10 year old bolts.

Oh and I have one btw, dunno if I can be rsed to get it off tho!

Bix,

What state is your subrame in? I'm guessing its on another corrado VR6 you have for breaking. What price would you want for it?

I would come and give you a hand to take it off but I live over in Gloucestershire now. I guess there is always the possibility your subframe would suffer like mine did. If so I could still take the new Golf VR6 subfame option. Stealth are doing the work so I'm sure it would be done right.

Its in good shape, I have changed the wishbones and had no problems. Its on a late g60, I assume its the same? Would prolly want around £70 quid for it.