JMC

JMC's G60

"Not a minter" I know only too well that car's can look better in pic's than in the flesh but that is looking not too shabby mate look forward to seeing it at some point got a soft spot for :g60:

Sad day today, put the Corrado into storage as I don't have room for it and the new car turning up tomorrow. Had it for 10 years as my only car, so miss it already :(.

Still it's stored only 5mins walk away from me so will be taking it out for a run once a month.

New car has arrived, and it makes up slightly for not running the Corrado on a daily basis. About as different to it as you can get to it but still good fun in its own way.

Least you have kept the corrado though so not all bad..

Land Rover, i know a few guys who are even madder about these things than most of us about our Corrados..

Corrados going to be kept for nice weather and occasional weekend use Goldie (really don't want to ahve to think about getting rid of it). Yeah, just looking into the enthusiast side of things with it now, and there are definitely some die hard Land Rover fans out there.

I know it's not a defender but it's pretty nice enamaped.jpg It's a Kahn one someone I know he is going to look at a GTR 2moro lucky sod 570bhp. He let me have a drive of his last car C63 made mine seem like a mini.

Edited by clumpy1

Well, after spending all my hard earned on a new carbon roof and interior earlier this year, along with a load of other things (including new windscreen, replaced a pillars, uprated fuel delivery system, repaired sills, new bumper etc), I have a horrible feeling I'll be putting my G60 up for sale in the new year. Nver thought I'd do it, but it's not getting as much use as it should. It's time to let someone new enjoy the fun. Anyone looking for a well sorted G60?....

Just pulling together a spec sheet for my G60 as it's time to put her up for sale :(. Advert will be up in the next few days. Been amazing fun and I am very very much going to miss her (I know I'm going to regret selling), but now it's time to let someone else take the reigns...

Panjo wont let me list the full advert, so here's the spec sheet outlining the work that's been done to my G60Specification as follows...

Price, £3500, colour gloss black, 172k miles, location near J13 M25.

Engine and transmission

G-werks red label 1.9l conversion (approx 35k miles since conversion).

Fast road head and Schrick 268/276 cam.

Forged pistons.

Balanced and lightened flywheel with VR6 clutch.

Golf G60 intercooler and Rallye u-bend.

Stage 4 charger (approx 12,000 miles since rebuild).

65mm ribbed belt and pulley (charger has done approx 12k miles since most recent rebuild).

90A alternator.

Flowed throttle body.

ISV reroute.

4-2-1 Gwerks exhaust manifold.

JP Exhausts 2.5" 3 box exhaust.

Custom gearbox VR6 1st, 2nd and 5th gears and Peloquin ATB.

Racelogic traction and launch control.

KR fuel pump upgrade (good for flowing fuel for >300bhp). Fitted Apr 2014.

Regularly rolling road checked to make sure how it’s performing, and whenever any tuning work was carried out. Will provide all sheets. Nov 2011 - 254bhp and 222lbft at the flywheel (Stealth RR day).

Wheels and suspension

Oz Ultraleggeras (17") black with 205/40 Kumhos OR Compomotive MO's black (16", 7 ½ ” wide custom offset ET30 to clear Brembos easily) with 205/45 Toyo's, wheels solid but need a refurb as the lacquer is peeling. 205/45 Toyos on the MOs will need replacing as they have been off the car for a few years. Price for the car is with the Ultraleggeras.

KW Variant 1's (lowered approx 40mm).

Porsche Boxster front calipers with 315mm AP racing 2 piece discs.

New rear break discs and calipers (Apr 2014).

Uprated front and rear ARBs.

Interior

VR6 heated leather retrimmed in black leather and dark grey alcantara centres, late spec leather door cards.

Black carpets.

Dark grey alcantara centre tunnel.

Dark grey alcantara roof lining.

Custom red illuminated switches and heater controls, illuminated spoiler switch.

DDI gauges.

Passat W8 interior light.

Mk4 Golf lighter socket and Toureg LED torch, 2nd lighter socket in passenger tray for sat nav.

Defi gauges for EGT, oil pressure and AFR.

Autometer sport comp vac/boost gauge.

Extensive Dynamatting to doors, rear quarters, floor and boot.

ICE (Alpine 9815 with custom black faceplate from US spec system, Audioscape speaker pods and sub box, Genesis profile 4 amp for fronts and sub).

Custom 3rd brake light at top of rear screen.

Body

Paint Gloss Black

Replaced windscreen Apr 2014. Also treated rust in a pillars while the windscreen was out.

Performance trim carbon bonnet with Mk4 golf washers.

AWS carbon roof (sunroof removed, and custom dark grey Alcantara headlining made).

Clear colourless perspex headlight protectors.

Tinted rear lights (small crack on drivers side one).

Resprayed standard late spec front bumper (fitted to replace previous modified one). Replaced Apr 2014.

Replaced and resprayed rear tailgate (original one had rust damage under the numberplate which was too extensive to repair). Replaced Apr 2014.

DDI blue tint mirrors and Aluminium sill guards.

The bad points

Central locking does not work from drivers side (using the key in the passenger door, operates the locks in both doors, however using the key in the drivers door, only locks or unlocks the drivers door).

Electric windows are a bit sticky as they haven’t been used for a while (drivers side fine, passenger side not currently working).

Clifford Alarm works fine, but tends to drain the battery in a few days if the car isn’t used regularly.

Very small chip on rear numberplate plinth.

Trip computer stays at 0. Mileometer counts up fine though.

Other items for sale ONCE THE CAR IS SOLD

Healthy Stage 4 charger, regularly serviced by G-Werks, swapped over whenever the one on the car needed rebuilding (therefore this will need a rebuild before being used). £400.

Complete new unused Wizards of NOS kit, race spec including bottle bottle warmer, controller, single point injection, ignition delay unit, solenoids, etc etc. All that’s needed for a complete, high spec, and safe system. Was going to do this once the fuel pump had been uprated (which it has nw been). £2000 worth of kit. £800.

4 x 16” Compomotive MOs, 5 spoke flat face, 7 ½ “ wide, ET30 in black with Toyo tyres (205/45). 4x100. I had these custom made with correct offset for this car. Easily clears 305mm Brembos, or my 314mm setup. Tyres will need replacing. £500.

Loads of G60 Corrado spares including interior switches, relays, seals, gaskets, oil filters, headlight parts, mk4 golf rear calipers and adapter hoses, injector loom, idle control valves, interior vents, spare inlet manifold, boot popper, clips and interior bits, undrilled airbox, spare 65A alternator, spare G60 cylinder head and cam, 2 x spare sets of spark plugs, 2 x spare drivers side door handles, etc, etc. £400 – job lot.

Edited by JMC

Whats the price just for the car?

That would help wouldn't it (serves me write for cutting and pasting the details). The price for the car alone is £4000.

Now updated with some recent pics (2 days ago) of the car showing the current condition.

Still up for sale. Would like to see this go to another enthusiast, so am open to an offer for a quick sale.

Bump, now reduced to £3500 and will include a load of the spares for a quick sale.

Guessing you don't have the time or the space.. and it pains me to say it.. but I think you'd make so much more money out of this car if you broke it for parts :(

You're right Jim - unfortunately no time or space anymore and I'd rather see it get run than sit around. You're also right in that it would make much more by breaking, however I have neither the time, space, nor skill for that. To be honest I'd rather see it go to someone who'd run it, rather than break it, and if I could find someone who'd be willing to guarantee to do that, I could do a very good price for them...

Bump. Would love to see her going to a new home and getting used. Hell of a G60 for the money...

Edited by JMC

If you do decide to break some parts I would be very interested, I could also swap my standard parts if you needed them!?

i bet it sounds wicked with the engine mods?!

It still sounded like a G60, just more so. I went through the boost return delete mod (and hated it) and tried a cone filter, and even tried a toothed belt system. In the end any benefits (and I'm yet to be convinced there were any) weren't worth putting up with the problems. Drilled air box, standard paper filter and decent exhaust system was good enough. OEM plus, as it were. Although it did have a habit of setting of car alarms if it got too close to them because of the deep bass rumble ;)

It still sounded like a G60, just more so. I went through the boost return delete mod (and hated it) and tried a cone filter, and even tried a toothed belt system. In the end any benefits (and I'm yet to be convinced there were any) weren't worth putting up with the problems. Drilled air box, standard paper filter and decent exhaust system was good enough. OEM plus, as it were. Although it did have a habit of setting of car alarms if it got too close to them because of the deep bass rumble ;)

I love it when the charger whistles on tick over and whines really loud when on boost, so how do you achieve that? toothed belt, stage 4 tune and small pully?

Whistle is from the boost return delete (tried it and it drove me nuts after a while). Loud whine on boost could be induction related (more of a howl than a whine though with induction kits). The tooth belt setup does whine. Bit like a milk float on steroids. If you want to go down that route keep a few spare belts in the car. I went through 2 belts in as many months and went back to standard after that. I did not notice any difference in performance.

Edited by JMC

New ad created in Panjo, as the car has been out this weekend, and had a full clean and polish, so have some new pictures. Also fixed the problem with the rear spoiler (just a fuse - how on earth I missed that before I do not know). Full spec for all the work carried out is on page 47 of this thread.