Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Oh dear thats a shame I broke something

Not exactly what i said at the time, but it looks like as usual, i'm my cars own worst enemy :oops:

Fitted my gauge unit, all wired up including the sender unit nicely in place. Thought i'd just give it one last tweak :roll: and caught some wierd little hose that pokes out of a long plastic pipe on the front of the block. I only just touched it and the plastic pipe disintigrated.

Having just heated the car fully up to temp (changing oil) and previously flushing and filling with G12 it was quite a display. Although it would have been a less painful display if I was'nt under it with no quick means of escape.

Anyway, cars off the road until this pipe comes, just wondered if anyone else has fitted one, or has picks of the part? How hard is it? Seems like it runs round from the water pump, acrross front of block with bits t-ing off.

Least me gauges work and look the danglers :roll:

if it's the one I think it is, it's the off take off the "crack pipe" that feed the oil cooler. it's part of the plastic pipe that runs from the water pump across the front of the block.

when you order a new one, order a new seal for the water housing on the end of the head, these always swell up when you remove them and are impossible to refit.

sorry, have to laugh at your little story! :-)

Not exactly what i said at the time, but it looks like as usual, i'm my cars own worst enemy :oops:

Yup you sure are :wink:

Bet its about one million poinds for a new pipe too!

I see I am going to have to confiscate your tools.. :p

Thanks guys, very useful info from all. Will be taking phats advice re the seal, as the vag pipe is in stock and i need the car for thursday.

After xmas, i will defo be ordering one of those metal pipes, wow they look good! Most of the VRs water system seems to be below par as standard imo.