Sign in to follow this  
pojy

Replacement front door speakers

I have a 94 Corrado and want to replace the front door speakers with something better, what size are they and what dyu recomend ?

They are 135 mm or 5 1/4 inches if you prefer! A lot of people on here have bought audioscape door pods which allow you to fit 165mm speakers which will give you a fair bit more clout than the original size. I've got focal 135s that are nice quality but not nearly pokey enough for my liking!

As above really. I have got some mismatched speakers at the moment. The mids are Kenwood Dual Mags which run with Macrom audio (yes prob pants) tweeters run off the Kenwood crossover and powered by 2 channels off a pioneer 4 channel 480w amp. Not a bad sound really. Will upgrade to some better tweeters at a later date, but the dual mags handle the power

Those Macrom units are very high quality speakers, keep them and try to get the matching midbass/crossovers to complete the ensemble!

i've got 5 1/4 inch infinity reference components in the doors with tweeters in the dash, and JL 6x9s in the parcel shelf. waiting for funds for an amp.

you're never gonna get much out of the front though - it's just to balance the rears. with an amp and crossover, the small front components can handle the mids and highs more, with the oomph coming from the back. IMO

mine sounds pretty good even without an amp and was fairly cheap off ebay

Those Macrom units are very high quality speakers, keep them and try to get the matching midbass/crossovers to complete the ensemble!

Oh right, there you go then. Got the mids but they were blowing a bit. The only reason i thought they were not that good was because there was no seperate crossover on them

Get yourself onto the TalkAudio forum and get all the info there.

I may be wide of the mark here but I think a chap called "Mason" on that forum may be able to steer you in the right direction with regards more info/prices etc.

Get yourself onto the TalkAudio forum and get all the info there.

I may be wide of the mark here but I think a chap called "Mason" on that forum may be able to steer you in the right direction with regards more info/prices etc.

Peakz...

thanks for the info, I notice your from leicester...so am I, what car dyu drive ?

hmm not seen one about...look out for my purple Corrado...I live around the Uppingham Road area...

you're never gonna get much out of the front though -

You need to have a listen to mine, you might change your mind then :-)