Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

bbm charger with or without silencer?

anybody know how much difference havin the silencer fitted to the bbm charger makes?

i personally like the sound it makes but wondered if i eventually got one fitted wether it would start anoy me after so long,does the silencer completely get rid of the noise,or just tone it down?

70% of the noise is gone with the silencer kit fitted. There not to loud with the std airbox's though but they can get a little annoying if you have a headache. :lol:

I thought the noise of my regular G60 without the airbox snorkel was great.. until about a month into ownership and I had to put it back as the induction 'throbbing' just drove me insane. Fun for short periods, but long drives and regular use used to just give me a headache (gawd I feel OLD)

I've heard the BBM's and without the silencer kit they are LOUD - if you don't annoy yourself with it, you sure will annoy your neighbours! I personally would never be able to put up with it.

I'd personally buy one with the silencer kit if I ever was to buy a lysholm..

i look at it this way

with out silincer i would drive it off a cliff

with silencer ill prob just drive into a wall to shut it up lol

no its a good charger but if u dont get the silencing kit either u will end its life or someone going to help u lol

its just like 1000 cats being strangled lol

The position of the throttle before the inlet of the charger will quieten around 65-75 perecent of the noise but not completley. On iddle will be much quieter but noiticable, on full throttle with be slighlty louder but nice in my opinion.

The sound comes from the internal compression of the lysholm, it escapes from the inlet and the exhaust. When you place the throttle on the inlet it gets rid of some of the noise, but the exhaust will still resonate some of the sound. On most american V8's the inlet is placed directly on the block so the sound is sucked within.

I ran the lysholm both ways, silenced and non silenced, in London it def needs to be silenced, plus use an airbox. If i lived in countryside id rock it unsilenced 8) .

I think alot of us just love superchargers! Hence why we own G60's - There is just something about them...

I've "invested" too much in mine of late extracting as much power as possible all while keeping the G-Lader. I could have fitted a Massive Turbo and lall the rest with the amount I've spent, but then it wouldn't be a G60 anymore!

true i agree with u on that but he is already moving away from the actual G60 charger to a different charger so means he wont be a G60 either its like guys that put a eaton on a G40 engine its not a G40 anymore its just a 1.3 eaton supercharged

and with all that money the screw charger cost with all the bits might be work going turbo

There's something a bit more "hairy-chested" about a supercharger though :)

I went from a G60 to a Golf4 GTI 180, it's quick (probably quicker than the C) but the engine is soulless by comparison :)

out of interest witht he money ull throw at it arent u tempted to turbo?

like blue_joe says its a supercharger thang 8)

think i'd sooner have a bbm charger over the turbo,at the moment i love the sound of the glader,but got to admit the sound from the bbm is kinda cool 8)

just sounding out future options really

i like what blue_joe is doin and stickin with the G!! :notworthy:

ideally thats the road i'd love to take

man u lot love ur G's lol

perosnally not my thing i like a raw engine sound i.e 16v or a great turbo sound (like my mates uno when it comes into boost sounds like a plane taking off lol)

but each to there own :D