Sign in to follow this  
Crozo

Help my VR

My VR is missing and I have read that the Cam position sensor and throttle position sensors are culprits of poor running.

But where are they and how do I check them ? :oops:

I have all ready changed the plugs and the HT leads so any help would be grate. :roll:

Do you think you are burning any oil? Check plugs 1 and 6 to se if they are coked up.

no they are fine. but it doesn't miss all the time one day it is fine and the next it is missing again :?

Cam position sensor is just above the coil pack... fitting a new one isn't to much hassel but remove the coil pack to make it easy for yourself.

When my cam position sensor went down i had a huge flat spot at about 5000 rpm but my car never missed.

A replacement sensor was about £25 for GFS if memory serves.

Have you looked down the back of the sofa? I always find stuff down there.

Yea have looked there nothing there but fluff half a milky way raper and all of 3 pence :D

hello all again

I still have the same problem with my vr i have changed the plugs & ht's and the fule punp relay and still nothing so i got it plugd in to see if there was any falt coads but there was nothing there to surgest a missfire and was told that it must be a macanical problem,

so dose any one have any ideas, i have tryed injector cleaner in the fule but nothing and the car is becoming a nightmere to drive to the point of ont bothering so any ideas would be greate

Hi mate this might sound stupid, but did you fit the plug leads using the proper tool? The first time I ever changed my leads I didnt have the tool and used a screwdriver :oops:. Not only did i manage not to secure the leads onto the plug tops properley but i also damaged the insulation, the lead ends were no longer properly insulated and were arking out on the cylinder head causing rough idle and under load miss fire. Hope this is some help to you. Cheers Timmy