Sign in to follow this  
no_endo

my vr6 sounds like a machine gun

my rado wont start, ive only had it a couple of months and have had no experience with vr6's. it started off getting harder to start and now when i turn the key i just get a loud clicking machine gun noise from what sounds like the inlet manifold. i only use the car at the weekends so it spends most of its time sitting on the driveway. ive read as many posts as i can on starting issues but as you can imagen theres quite a few pages of them and none so far match my problem. please help its nearly saturday and i look forward all week to drive it!

I'm not techinical expert but it sounds like you're either got a flat battery, or the starter has jammed.

Could be wrong tho, wait for someone with a clue to come along to verify that :D

deffo sounds like a flat battery...........especially if its been sitting and while and been getting harder to start...........i flattened my 993's battery recently and it sounded like a machine gun while trying to start it...........it wouldn't even start with a jumper/starter job due to its size 3.6L and as the VR6 isn't too far behind size wise don't worry if it doesn't start with one of them

Yup, sound like a flat battery to me too, if you do jump start it, make sure you leave the leads connected for a while to let it top a little before tryin to start it.

I jump started my VR6 with a 1.2 Corsa, just left it longer to charge up a little, hopefully it should be fine.

Don't try to start it again until you have charged the battery a little first, if you keep trying to start and hearing the clicking, you are likely to burn something out, can't remember the name of it but a friend that was there with me at the time of my battery going flat told me.