Sign in to follow this  
nigwell

Green Stuff Brake Pads

Hi

Has anyone used the Green Stuff Brake Pads??

Whats your opinion are they any good or are there better ones avaliable as im just about to renew all my disc's and pads

Regards

Nigwell

Hi

I think everyone will tell you their combination is best.....I also think that alot of people will tell you the green stuff will eat your discs faster (this is actually true in my experience).

I have just got a G60 corrado, and as the brakes need some attention, decided to use the combination that worked best on my golf...Zimmerman X drilled discs, and padgid fast road pads....these pads are very dusty but I have found they bite really well, and are not bad when cold either.

I am using EBC Red stuff on the 16v golf just now with the afore mentioned discs and that combination is disgusting, the pads are sqidgy and never really bite all that well, having said that, I had it on the track once, and even after 1 hour, there was not that much fade. (but how often do I spend an hour on the track?)

Just pick a combo and try it, put it down to experience!

Andrew

I think most people are using Pagid (OE fitment - so match well with original discs) or Pagid fast road, which as Andrew says are very dusty (and will therefore wear quicker than the normal ones) but give superb breaking from cold, I am using these on my G60 with original discs...

People will find combo's of discs that work fine but obviously manufacturers will design there own pads and discs to compliment each other, I will probably get Pagid grooved discs on the next pad change.

I`ve used the greenstuff pads and i think they work really well and they give off very little brake dust so the alloys stay cleaner for longer.

Jason

i found them mean on discs. to much heat retention but i believe they have gone some way to addressing this. still i wouldn't risk it again. they were the best ive tried for dust though

as said above its all personal preference

I was having a long chat the other day to a guy at a motor factors who's seen loadsa different performance pads/discs in his time. He reckoned an EBC combo was pretty good, but when i mentioned Black Diamond he said these were the nuts. Venom motorsport do a quality deal with a set of Black D. Discs and 'Predator' pads that apparently work a treat. I can't remember the exact price, but i remember it works out far cheaper than EBC, PAGID, BREMBO e.t.c.......

Yeah i have green stuff on my g60. front and back inc discs. think there great, can't fault them