Sign in to follow this  
Crispo

Can't bring myself to cut the Corrado!!

Hi hope someone out there can help me with this.

Looking to get some new speakers JBL-GTO6425e 4 x 6 for the rear and JBL-GTO6425e components for the front. The alternative I've looked at are ALPINE-SXE-4625S for the rear and ALPINE-SXE-1350S components up front.

The thing is I really don't want to have to start hacking the car up to fit them. Ideally I'd like speakers which fit the doors and the rear with no cutting required. I've read in other posts about people making "slight" alterations to fit them in whilst other people have cautioned against cutting (especially in the rear) as it can reduce strength and result in vibrations.

If anyone's got any experience with the speakers mentioned above then any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

C.

Ok I have the JBL GTO 6425E 4x6's the Alpine SXE-1350S up front.

Had these fitted at a shop along with a new headunit and amp.... Certainly no currint was required as far as I'm aware.

You put the same speaker in twice on the JBL side.

The coax's in the front should fit any car with the right sized hole (ooh err missus!) Try turning the speaker round in the hole a few times and see if you can get all the screw holes to line up.

I wouldn't even bother replacing the rears in all honestly, disconnect them and see how much sound you lose. I've never ran a car with rear speakers, even if they have them factory fitted.

Not expecting anything amazing from them but the holes are there so I'd thought I'd use them (story of my life) just to fill in sound in the back

Oh the other thing I was wondering is do the Alpines have a separate crossover or is it just a capaciter thing like the originals. Not seen any separate crossover in the picture - the lazy man in me is spotting an opputunity to save work! Sorry for getting all technical with "capaciter thing" - not really got a clue!

Actually mine are amped and sound fine. As long as they're on a low pass x-over then they'll be fine. Obviously if you pump lots of bass through them then they'd sound bad.

For rear fill they'll be fine, but don't expect much out of them. If you're sitting in the back you'll love them I'm sure. It'll break up the boom for the boot... ;)

IIRC the Alpine fronts came with a x-over and seperate tweaters that I've mounted in the dash to replace the ones that are supplied.

where did you mount the crossover? how big is it? One with the JBL looks big so would be an under dash job I guess

Cheers

Has anyone got any tips for fitting the rears? I have the same problem with the JBL GTO 6x4's not fitting