Sign in to follow this  
leigh

what boost at 3000 rpm

for the people with g60's & boost gauges what psi do you get at 3000 rpm & 6000 rpm, with what size pulleys ect, would be a usefull guide for others btw i get 10 psi at 3000 & 15 psi at 6000 with 68mm & jabba r1

Check out http://www.snstuning.com there's a guide on boost psi in the diy section.

Not sure what mine's doing at the moment - haven't measured it yet. Like you, I have a Jabba R1, 65mm pulley & Jabba induction kit.

The real performance gains will be dependant on how hot/cold the air is when it gets to the inlet manifold. BIG front mounted intercooler, BIG pipework and unrestricted airflow are the key issues. The standard cooler cannot cope properly with 7 or 8 psi so at 15psi it will be rendered virtually useless.

Colder air has a much higher oxygen content and therefore burns much more efficiently, giving more power.

same here leigh.. i get 10psi at about 2500rpm and 13psi by about 3500rpm but no more.. leaky tubes..

The real performance gains will be dependant on how hot/cold the air is when it gets to the inlet manifold. BIG front mounted intercooler, BIG pipework and unrestricted airflow are the key issues. The standard cooler cannot cope properly with 7 or 8 psi so at 15psi it will be rendered virtually useless.

big IC yes.. big pipework no. the 2.25" pipework that's in there is more than large enough to handle the airflow in these cars. bigger pipes will only hurt boost response as they take longer to fill with compressed air.

big IC, and get some cold air straight into that air filter from down through the carbon cannister hole (which you can relocate down into the hole if you don't want to just delete it).

big IC yes.. big pipework no. the 2.25" pipework that's in there is more than large enough to handle the airflow in these cars. bigger pipes will only hurt boost response as they take longer to fill with compressed air.

(Puts flameproof jacket on !!)

Psi may well drop whilst using bigger pipes (76mm RSR outlet & 76mm pipe to cooler, 60mm cooler to engine, soon to be fitted to mine) as there is a larger volume to fill. This is more than compensated for with the R1 charger conversion, large front mounted cooler, increased flow & far more efficient cooling. There is no point having a very high boost psi if all you're doing is pumping hot air into the engine. Slightly less pressure of much colder air is far more efficient & will give more power.

My current standard system just cannot cope with the pressure that my charger is pumping out.

I go back to my original point which was that high boost psi is not good if all you're doing is pumping hot air into the engine. The important factor is not the volume of air but the volume of oxygen that gets into the engine.

i got a big frontmount, u-bend etc. fitted my SNS chip, pulley, red-tops, FPR at weekend along with the waterpump(not a nice job). im on a 65mm and its making good boost. not sure what as i cant put it all in yet(couple of issue to iron out) but i expect my peak boost to be around 17psi

After the quality bad boy charger rebuild I got from G-Werks @ 3000rpm I get 13 psi and at 6000rpm I have seen 16psi but then belt slip takes over the difference it has made is unbelievable just last week I did the check and at 3000rpm it was only reading 6psi and at 6000rpm I was lucky to get 10psi the response from the acceleration is absolutely awesome cant wait to get the front mount intercooler as this will help even more I recomend G-Werks 100% nice one Daz it put the :D back onto my face after a rough couple of months of corrado ownership

thanx... buy the way ant is also running a polished & ported head and fast road cam... :lol: :lol: imagine the boost readings if still running std.

btw ant remember you need to run it in :mad: :lol: