Sign in to follow this  
Silvermayne

Poorly Engine!!! - Please Help!!!

The engine in my Corrado has just started giving me a few problems. It will just stall while driving (even on the motorway), and I'll have to pull over to the side of the road before I can restart.

To beging with I thought it was the immobiliser, because I kept having to switch the alarm on and off, then restart. But lately I can pull over, and restart. Tonight, I got home (after it cutting out 3 times) and while sitting in the driveway, the engine was almost coughing. Running really rough. I had a check under the bonnet and there's definatly somethin up with the engine. After about a minute, it died altogether.

Can someone please help me!? Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to VR6 ownership! There will be a million answers to this one. First will be to get it on VAG-Com to see if there are any fault codes in the Engine section. My VR did the same and it turned out to be the ECU relay, £12 from dealer. Worth changing anyway if it is more than seven or so years old. Likewise the fuel pump relay. http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight= Hope this helps!!

Thanks Dude,

I hope so too. I've booked it into my mate's garage on Tuesday, he'll do a bit of fault finding and I'll pass on the info about the ECU & Fuel Pump relays. Thanks for the information.

Could also be the fuel pump, the crank sensor, the ignition switch, the ...

...well you get the idea...