Sign in to follow this  
cvw

clutches.

hey peeps back again for some good advice. its obvious my crutch er sorry my clutch is wrecked or at least on its way out . withhi revs and not going any where fast . was just wonderin what the best thing to do is . i would like a good one . is there a sport clutch for the 1.8 16v 1991 beast. and how should i be paying some one to fit it if i get the parts ? when a clucth "goes" what actually happens 'and which parts are broke and where the hell do they go?

much appreciated

wes

How do you know if your cluth is going out? It seems like mine has been acting a little funny. Its hard to get into first.. I have to shake it alot and sort of muscle it in. Do I just have a bad technique or is it just going out?Sometimes it will go in smoothly but most the time I have to shake it around a bit or force it in..

Thanks, Nick.

Lanceevox, sounds like you need your gears fiddling with by someone. Changing the gearbox oil might help as well.