Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

I'm a newbie (TT DASH)

Hello all.

I am new on here so thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Jay and for those of you that don't know me, I have a pretty heavily modded G60. I am also the one with the TT dash that has been talked about on here and it part of the reason I have logged on.

To answer one of the questions about it, I am currently sorting getting the doorcards made to finish off the job and will hopefully have them for Edition 38.

I have looked on this Forum a few times and it seems like a good group so hopefully I can help people out as much as possible with any experience I have of the G60 and Corrados in general.

Cheers for now

J

Hi Mate, unforunatly I had to leave early sunday so didn't get to see your car, but have heard about the dash.. BTW welcome to the site, I'm quite new here too, on the hunt for a 1.8 16v corrado at the mo...

Not to clued up on the C yet, but I'll get there very soon... :D

Yeah saw your TT dash at Woburn - well what can I say - top job mate :crazyeyes: I was really surprised it took you so little time to install, but having the climate controls already in I suppose helped somewhat?

What next then - quattro 4WD?

Cheers

Mark

i think that was me who asked about the doorcards.. what do you plan on using.. modified TT cards?

always liked those TT interiors.. the dash and the metal bars around the shifter are great, nice work.. wish i could see it in person to see how tight the fit is! looks top notch. welcome to the forum :)

G60Renshaw, welcome to the forum, seen the pics of the dash and it looks like a great job.

Wouldnt mind more info on climatronic, if u have a list of bits needed any chance you could post them up for a C without air con.

Cheers

im thinking the same joe.. climatronic would be a nice modification to cap off a perfect corrado. there are kits on ebay now and then for the full system. there was a writeup somewhere.. guy bought the parts off ebay had a go of it and it turned out quite well.. not too difficult if you have the parts and patience.

Hello G60Renshaw and welcome! 8)

I have actually spoken to you years ago, aren't you part of the Dub'olox crew along with Scott (Caged), Simon etc - all run/ran really sweet modded Mk1/Mk2s and a red Rallye iirc?....

You had the Pirelli Edition Mk1 on ATS Cups....absolutely mint car, looked superb!!!

Love the TT dash btw, fancy doing one into my Mk2???..... 8) :wink:

Well thanks for all the nice comments to start with, makes it worthwhile!

Right I will try and answer all the questions.

Firstly. The fit of the dash is very tight as I really wanted to make sure it was seriously solid, so spent a lot of time mounting everything properly on decent brackets etc..

I am going to use the Corrado door cards but re-structure them to fit down the side of the dash. I am also intending to add some details to tie the doors into the dash.

The Climatronic involves getting a matrix, control panel, loom and ducting from a late VW (MK 4 Golf, Passat etc).

You then replace the standard Corrado matrix with the MK4 stuff and ditch all the cables etc.. Fit the control panel in the dash and fit the loom to the matrix. You then need to know all the pin outs of the particular Climatronic unit you have (there are loads of variations), and work out what each of the wires connects to, e.g 12v, earth, switched 12v, etc..etc..etc..

If anyone is interested I will be selling on E-bay the complete corrado dash with late spec switches, late spec vents, late spec glovebox etc.. but G60 clocks, complete with the climatronic panel and loom.

Oh yeah also you have to cut a lot out of the back of the pockets to clear the new fan and ducting.

NO I am not doing another one!! EVER ;o)

phew!

J

Hello mate

Can you get in contact with me as i have a few things that might interest you :D

Alex

2.1 16v

G60Renshaw, Hi mate - its Rams, glad to hear your on here too! See you around buddy. I would love to do a Supra dash in my C if it would ever work. I do like the supra dashes.

Hello G60Renshaw,

Im kinda new myself and not really up to speed on the C, im learning tho.

Havent seen any pics of the TT dash, would be pretty sweet to see. Where can I find pics of it.

Take care

DM