Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

g60 injectors

From what I know the replacement injectors will just feed more petrol directly into the engine for cars that are heavily modified. If you've gone above the chip & pulley mod then maybe these will give you a little extra boost, but from what I've been told they're not really required until the engine has been modified enough to warrant them.

Not sure exactly where you draw the line though I'm afraid.

looking at what my engines had would you suggest them

i have

r1 charger rebuild

jabba stage 4 chip

3.5bar fpr

port & polished head

flowed inlet manifold

285 cam

68mm pulley

I think around the 190 to 200 bhp mark the injectors need changing, i remember reading that somewhere. But you also need a different chip to operate these new injectors aswell. Would of thought urs will be putting out more than 200 bhp.

it was when it was rr'd at the end of 03" it made 224.3 bhp & 211ft/lb torque got dyno plot at home as far as i know thats with standard injectors! i say this as i cant see any coloured injectors!

i know its got to be pushing somewhere round the 200bhp mark still as ive out dragged an integra type-r! since then engine has just been maintained not further advanced im goin down to g-werks soon for service so will be able to find out then if they are defo standard!

Good work on the power! :thumbleft:

Dang60's right, you gotta replace the injectors if you wanna run more power, i'm getting around 220bhp and 235ft/lb and i've been told that's the next step to get any more power out of it, but a re-map would be needed as well to see any real benefit from it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think g60s come with green injectors?

im not sure dave will look later i just was looking to see if they were red and have been changed in past! also are they hard to fit is there a lot of work involved as i am a total novice!

Yep green are the standard injectors.. unless the previous owner has got some non-vw specific ones that also happen to be green ;)

I think the injectors are made by Bosch so you can mix and match across a few differenent cars.

We usually recommend Reds which are 30lb injectors for cars using the 65mm pulley. Dont need the 3.5bar FPR with this set up when using our Stage 5 - Red Top chips.

If you are using the 68mm pulley or bigger then no need to use reds.

The greys off Rallyes are pretty good for flowing fuel. They are only a smidge off the reds i understand. I have some greys to go on mine eventually when i get round to it.

are they hard to fit is there a lot of work involved

In principle no. The injectors themselves are pretty easy to get out (a magnetic tool to pickup the metal spring clips holding the injectors into the fuel rail will come in handy, as Steve from PSD demonstrated to me :-) ), but on mine the loom also was pretty perished, no wonder after 15 years of heat rising from the exhaust through the intake manifold to the loom.

Getting the loom out requires removal of 2 rather awkwardly located Allen-head bolts underneath brackets holding the loom rail into the head. This in itself is not the problem, one however threatened to round off on my Rado, hence Darren and Steve then took over and removed the whole intake manifold just to get this nasty piece of Allenhead bolt out.

Depends on how well-behaved your Allenhead bolts are, as in principle it's an easy job. But it's usually corrosion of bolts etc. that introduce those nasty unwanted fun and games :-(

Tempest

There both nice power figures! I wish mine had that much grunt. Mine was recently rr'd at 207 and around 190lbs/ft. When i can afford a charger rebuild im thinking about getting a full blend, 65mm pulley and some red tops. Hopefully that shud see a few more ponies lol.