Sign in to follow this  
purple-rado

Rear wiper works but no water?

hi,

Just bought my corrado last friday, a nice aubergine colour. Just a little problem in that the rear wiper works but no water comes out. Just wondered if there is a seperate contained for this in the boot or does it get its supply from the engine bay.

Your help is much appreciated.

thanx

It gets its supply from the same one as your winscreen, ie. front bottle. Have you checked all your pipes for blockages?

My 91 G60 how only one bottle feeding both the front and the back wipers washers.

Check that the boot carpet is dry!. When I bought a corrado it was the wet, on inspection I found that the rear wiper water connection onto the wiper assembly behind the black panel had broken off. This meant that every time a used the back wiper water was being leaked into the boot area. I had this fixed under warranty :D so I have not actual idea how to replace it but in my case the garage had to buy a complete new back windscreen wiper mechanism :(

Yes, this used to be a common problem with the golfs as the pipe running into the top of the tailgate would leak and cause rust around the rubber seal - worth checking before its starts eating through! - if you do find any rust, fix the leak and stop the corrosion using some hammerite on the outside and waxoyl on the inside