Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Wheel offset and tyre size advise

Sorry I know this has probably been aswered thousands of times but are the mk5 Golf alloys the same offset as the VR6 Corrado? Thinking of fitting some Golf mk4/mk5 205/55/16 alloys. Will these be rub free with a 40mm ish drop (gmax), given the increased profile aswell, even if the offset is the same? Thanks.

Indeed they are but you'll be able to get copies before long in 5x100....

205/55/16 is enormous mate, they look like balloons on the Rado..... cause I tried my mate's MK4 16s on mine :-)

Cheers, will forget that one then. Is the offset ok though? Did another search and found the VR6 offset is 43 because of the longer wishbones, haven't found what the mk4 offset or rim width is though. Hate rubbing wheels / rounding arches etc..

Can you fit 205/55/15 and 215/45/15 onto the 6.5J Speedlines? Can't remember how it works, is it an increase in width needs a decrease in profile.. which would mean the 215/45/15's would fit? Will it be a noticeably harsher ride?

Again, 55 profile 15s will be too big diameter wise. 215/45s might be OK though. The ride shouldn't suffer too much with those tbh.

Most MK4 wheels are ET35.

205/55/16 is enormous mate, they look like balloons on the Rado.....

lmao , kev speaks the truth but also paints a mighty fine picture :-)

All ordered up, 4 new Toyo Proxies R's for £125.00 all in. Can't be bad, over £200 from Mytyres. Cheers for the help.

I've been searching a few other forums and found someone who had them going spare for £100 plus £25 p&p. Just a lucky find, hoping they last longer than the S's though.

Nice find :D Ive recently changed from 205/40/17s to 195/45/15 and noticed the car seems actually slower on acceleration think i will have to change to 195/50/15s :?

Knew it would be too good to be true.. Just doubled checked the fitment and 215/45/15's need a wheel width of 7-8J, and the speedlines are 6.5J.

They haven't turned up yet but if/when they do, does anyone want 4 x Toyo Proxies R's (new design) for £125.00 which is what I paid plus P&P / pickup?

Was just thinking of fitting these to my car.If you still have them then how much would postage be to Scotland, PH3 postcode.