Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Is the accelerator cable different between early & late

Yep.

I believe the connector at the pedal end varies between the 4 and 6 cyl models so you do need to get the right one for the G60 mate!

Early/late difference as well as a 4/6 cylinder difference.

Up to chassis number 50-S-004-000 you will need part no: 536 721 555, from 50-S-004-001 it's part no: 536 721 555 D. Both are £23.08 each from VAG

Also Yandards, as I'm not at home and by the time I get home I'll have forgotten to look it up - Can you tell me the part no. for my fuel pump. I have an early shape car but I only have a single fuel pump, so I think that us the same as the late isn't it!???

Ok Sam looked at fuel pumps for you.

There are at least 3 different types fitted to a G60. I assume you have no external fuel pump and that it is all contained in the tank with the sender. According to a popular VW parts catalogue (Ahem) you should use part no: 1H0 919 651 Q between chassis numbers 50-L-005-733 to 50-M-035-000, this is a VDO pump assembly.

For chassis numbers 50-N-000-001 to 50-R-008-000 you need exactly the same part number as before :?

The only difference I can see is in the senders - you either get a VDO or a Pierburg one but as the pump is that same I would hope that it is interchangable between the two types of sender.

It does state that you need 2 sets of parts when fitting the pumps - for the first VDO pump you need 000 979 105 - this is a set of electrical connections, and 1H0 979 673 F a VDO fuel gauge sender.

The later pump also requires the electrical connections but the fuel sender is different, part no: 535 919 673 F, just listed as a fuel gauge sender.

Hope that helps as it is all bit muddled on the manual as well.