Sign in to follow this  
Browna_27

Venom Suspension Kit

I am looking at buying a suspension for under £300. What do people recommend for this price? Venom look like a good option. With the universal poly bush kit with dust covers they come to £250. What are peoples views on the kit? :)

Cheers

Woth also considering are the KW non coilover kit -40mm @£350.00 and the H&R cup kit. If you not looking at adjusting the ride height i would go for a set up like this. As these kits are designed by some of the best suspension companies with great results and should yield a far better quailty ride than a budjet coilover.

I like your suggestion Darren, I am not to fussed about height adjustable more fussed about the ride quality. I think though as this a bit more money I will have to wait. Can you get hold of this kit or point me in the right direction. Cheers! :)

I have had 4 of the venom kits one I ran on 80mm drop on my mk2 for about 2 years and run fine! Its actually a GMAX kit. I will def use again!!!

it appears gmax dont fair well on heavier cars like the raddo but are fine on the lighter golfs :? Just an observation I have made!

yeh thats probably true actually. And also if u do get them, ull need 20mm lower springs at the back to get the car level.

I wish GMAX did springs that lowered my golf mark 3 vr6 more than 35mm. All the spring shock kits out there only lower the car a max of 30-35mm. Koni and H&R spring shock set ups only lower the car about 25mm.

I did find a JOM kit which uses Koni dampers and lowers the car 45mm but no one anywhere has heard of them unfortunately. I'm not going to risk it on "unproven" suspension.

I'm after new suspension to really improve my handling but also actually make the car look lower. 35mm will make my car look lower than it already is unfortunately. Hence I am going to have to look for coilovers of some kind.

What I'd really like is an H&R suspension kit that lowered my car at least 40mm on just springs and shocks. However only their coilovers do this. Bit out of my price range at £950 to supply and fit!

Are there any spring shock kits out there that lower the golf vr6 more than 40mm that are any good?

We can supply a KW Tuv approved -40mm kit for your golf for £325.00. Would you want to go alot lower for everyday use ?

I've had a Vipertech kit, bought from Venom, on for 3 years or so and i've not had any problems at all, they've a lifetime warranty too. -40mm was around £280 i think. We can't all afford £5-600!!!