Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

Clifford 500 bonnet switch driving me crazy

Can anyone recommend a waterproof replacement? Mine goes off everytime it rains..tried re-siting it to no avail.

I've had to disconnect it now

I don't think any are truely waterproof. Where is it sited? I always stick them in the slam panel. Although I have seen VW dealer fit alarms that have them on brackets at the back of the engine bay.

The ones I use have a rubber cover to stop water getting in the top. I also soak them in spray waxoyl before fitting the cover. I have plenty of spares, I'll send you one for a quid if you want.

Gavin

Gavin i buggered my clifford bonnet switch over a year ago, Its a 300 systems, Are the bonnet switches the same, If so any chance of one for a pound.

Cheers

Woody

The bonnet switches I use are from GT Alarms. The first one I fitted is nearly 4 years old and I haven't had any come back yet.

I can fire you a picture if you like, when I get home tonight. send me an email to remind me.

Gavin

VW has one in their program, it's in AKTE in the electronics section where they show the factory-fitted alarm. It's a very sturdy design with a rubber cap over the top. Not cheap though, about €25...