Sign in to follow this  
JoeNose

I have killed my headlights!

Got round to fitting my upgraded 'Magik' headlight loom today.

Seem to have missed the bit about disconnecting the yellow dim / resistor though. After belatedly doing this, I was left with sidelights only. Disconnecting the new loom and re-wiring as factory intended didn't cure the problem!

I can flash the main beam, but it won't stay on of course without headlights. All the fuses look to be OK!

Anyone know what I've broken and what I need to do to fix it?

I had something similar, after panicing and swearing a bit, I finished my cuppa, went outside took the whole thing off and reinstalled it. One of the spades had come unconected while I was fitting it and it caused the same problem, all fixed once I found the offending spade and reconected it.

I had something similar, after panicing and swearing a bit, I finished my cuppa, went outside took the whole thing off and reinstalled it. One of the spades had come unconected while I was fitting it and it caused the same problem, all fixed once I found the offending spade and reconected it.

Yes those spade connectors are a bugger for coming off once the light has been pushed back in....