Sign in to follow this  
Socrates75

ISV Question

Vw number 034 133 455B

I've managed to source a 94 ISV, but my VR6 is a 95...

The number above is the 94 version... is it the same?

Thank you :afro:

Thank you very much. :mrgreen:

Anyone live in a 50 mile radius of teesside that could either...

a) stick it in for a small fee

b) show me how to do it!

I'd obviously travel to them. The reason being I've been greeted by a wall of silence with my local garages, one of which I feel has bent me over for around £600 over this intermittant cut out prob.

Cheers

Martin.

It is very easy to do mate. You have to take off the plastic facia cover thing then simply undo the hoses & unplug it then fit the new one. 10 minute job max. :)

At the back of the engine there is a black (I think) plastic bit that kind of half covers the throttle body and the ISV. You have to take this off, or at least half remove it, can't remember how it's secured but it's obvious. Then you will see the ISV (you'll know what it looks like because you'll have another one!) and it's just a case of replacement - 3 hoses (I think) & one plug. :)

HTH

You need to remove at least the back part of the ignition lead plastic guides by undoing a few multi-point socket head screws and disconnecting the back 3 plug leads - if you don't have the proper plug lead tool, don't just tug them off the plugs because you may damage them, disconnect at the coil pack and thread them out that way.

The original hose clips are single-use crimped type, so you will have to gently prise these off and replace them with jubilee clips (don't overtighten)or genuine replacements from VAG.

Best wishes

RB

You don't have to disconnect the leads, just taking the leads out of the guides and removing part of the plastic gives you plenty of room.

Socrates75, I just took mine out for cleaning because I had nothing better to do!

Thanks for advice guys :)

Part been sent , so should arrive start of next week.

Sods law, car behaved like a God today on both work journeys, maybe it knows! Sneaky thing :lol:

I'll be sad to see the thing go!