Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

differance in engines

what is the differance mainly in the fuel systems between a 2.0l 16v corrado and a 2.0l 16v MK3 golf gti. and how easy would it be to fit to a 1.8 16v kjet engine.

engines are the same as fas as I know

except 1.8 - which is the KR fitted with mechanical fuel inj.

I don't think the systems are that interchangable - with the 1.8.

could be wrong though

The 2.0 16V 9A engine in the Corrado is K-Jet (mechanical injection, and an uprated version of the K-Jet on the 1.8 KR engine), whereas the 2.0 16V Golf engine is fully electronic injection...

right i'm talking to myself now, but found out that the 2.0l system is just an updated version and will not flow any more fuel because the injectors are the same, but dub sport said that the system on an audi ur quattro is K jet this might work and should flow more fuel. He is having a look and he's gonna let me no later

9A and KR has the same block 222mm but ABF has 236mm block, ABF has digifant 3 electronic injection and 14 bhp more.....if you can do, put abf complete head all electronic injection on the 9a short block. My friend says 9a likes reving more than abf because of rod-stroke ratio...but i am not sure on that..;)

or make complete ABF swap because abf is good, reliable, economical engine indeed...;)

i little bit more flow my injectors are flat out at mor and stopping upping the boost a little bit was looking for a cheap way to do untill i can save enough money for stand alone system