Sign in to follow this  
rixy

Rocker Cover Bolts?

Hi, i've just had an alloy rocker cover polished, to replace the standard one on my vr6? However the standard one is a black plastic item, which the bolts dont seem to come out of (haven't tried hard). Can i get some other bolts to fit through the alloy one? Do they need to be a specifix strength etc, or will any that fit do? CHeers

rixy, I think that must have been changed at some point, the plastic cover is mk4 I think and the bolts are captive, also the original studs will have been removed so you will need to order these as well as the nuts - maybe do a swap with someone?

they changed from alloy to plastic around 1995,ive just changed my plastic one to polished alloy cover,there are no studs??just bolts

so where can i get the bolts from? or can i cut the captive ones from the plasic cover?

Need some for the weekend, as i too am fitting a polished cover ready for the summer, wicked!

the bolts from the plastic one are different,as is the gasket,you should be able to get the bolts from the stealers,cant find the part numbers on etos but etka may have them

just used some stainless m6 bolts outta ma parts tin, worked fine, look better witht the polished cover too. also replaced manifold bolts with stainless versions, looks sweet.

just used some stainless m6 bolts outta ma parts tin, worked fine, look better witht the polished cover too. also replaced manifold bolts with stainless versions, looks sweet.

joker: