Sign in to follow this  
greasy weasel

Chains and re-map

The old girl is about to roll over into the 130,000 mile zone and have been advised to have the timing chains changed.

I'm about to book her in with Stealth, and was thinking about having the engine re-mapped while she's there.

She's a Storm so I don't want to do anything drastic to the engine, but would like a bit more poke all the same. I put her on the rolling road when I first got her and she had 210bhp, so what could I expect if I get it done?

What other non invasive things could I get done? Cost and results.

(she already has a KandN and upgraded exhaust.

Cheers chaps

Mat

The old girl is about to roll over into the 130,000 mile zone and have been advised to have the timing chains changed.

Are they making a noise then?

Great name/avatar,

210bhp is a good figure for a standard VR6. Maybe you should look at getting a Bigbore Throttle body with your remap, I reckon you'll get a better result that way.

The engine is making a little bit of noise but nothing excessive, and although not misfiring, it's not as smooth as it could be.

What would the expansion cost, and what would the results be?

for a big bore TB? about 90 quid mate. not sure it will make a huge difference though. but with an induction kit, TB and re-map i reckon she'll feel sweet, if not that much more powerful.