Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Would it be safe ?

Hi,

Im just wondering if it would be safe to run the HT leads between the lower part of the inlet manifold and the head on a valver. Will it be too hot under there ??

Reason I ask is that ive got a polished inlet manifold and the Ht leads are the really thick Nology Hotwires and IMO they look really stupid going along the top of the inlet and they hide all the hard work ive put into keeping the inlet polished :lol:

What do you think ?

Cheers J

you would think it would be hotter under the inlet manifold but not that hot. just try keeping them off the block/head as best you can, leave it ticking over for a bit a watch for it smoking i would say it would be fine.

Thanks Adam :D

sciroccotune Ive just been out to the garage and put No1 round the route it would take and its more than long enough 8) So in theory the others should also fit :wink:

I bought these Ht leads when I got the car because the one that were on were knackered so I couldn’t say whether they were any better, certainly more expensive though !!!!!!

I moved the leads this morning and have spent most of the day in the car 8) with no problems. I can get to the leads and get to the plugs if I need to so thats not a problem.

I think it looks so much better now 8) I just need to clean the rest of the winter muck off :lol:

JBOB do u ever get pulled over for ur front number plate??? Im getting my front bumper resprayed adn w as thinking about flushing the plate recess and stickin the palte to the splitter/bumper like uve done.... if uve got any closer pics of the plate, and how uve stuckm it on id appreciate a look at them.

Cheers

JBOB do u ever get pulled over for ur front number plate??? Im getting my front bumper resprayed adn w as thinking about flushing the plate recess and stickin the palte to the splitter/bumper like uve done.... if uve got any closer pics of the plate, and how uve stuckm it on id appreciate a look at them.

Cheers

I haven’t been pulled yet :lol: Ive always found that if your rear plate is illegal then your more likely to get pulled than if the front

one is. Mine is 3" x 9" so nowhere near std :D

I bought three L brackets from B&Q and used some really strong glue (dont know the name sorry) and let it all set over night. Then

the brackets are just screwed into the bottom part of the bumper.

There’s some bigger pics in my gallery (link in sig :D )

cheers mate, is it illegal though???? The front doesnt have a light on it, and i used to get pulled with the old car, as i didint put a light on the back one.

You need a light on the back but not the front. Yes my front plate is illegal. It should be the same size as the rear one :lol: