Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Overheating?

hi all, i was doing my weekly plymouth to warwickshire tip yesterday. When on the way out of plymouth i was stuck in traffic for about 30 min and my engine temperature hit max and the light began to flash. My oil temp went higher than iv ever seen it 130! I pulled over and turned engine off for 5 min. The car didnt trouble me again on the way home although i didnt really drop below 70 so the wind would of help cool it. Was wondering if anybody had this and wat mite be wrong.

Also noticed winning noise coming from drivers side front wheel. Only seem to whine below 30 and wen its been raining?!

would appriciate any help

Thanks

the winning noise from the wheel could be the baring.

as for the overheating, what engine do you have? temp sensors in the VR tend to give way and stop the cooling fans cutting in properly, along with a few other issues, and they're not expensive or hard to change if they're the culprit.

Could the whining be coming from the water pump, which is quite close to the front wheel; if it is failing it may explain the overheating.

Did your fans come on when the temps got high?

Best wishes

RB

as for the overheating, what engine do you have? temp sensors in the VR tend to give way and stop the cooling fans cutting in properly, along with a few other issues, and they're not expensive or hard to change if they're the culprit.

that sounds about right but do you think the noise could be the fans. on my old corrado before my fan totly packed in it used to make a noise every so often and then it just stoped workin