Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Corrado VR6 Exhaust

Hi guys.. Can anybody offer me any advice on a exhaust for corrado VR6. I have a 1996 N plate with 38K on the clock. The cars exhaust is standard at present but I will need a new one very soon. No problems with the cat or the rear box just the joints on the mid section look like they are on the way out.

I'm looking either for a replacment box or a full S/S system, but want to keep the original oval tailpipe shape and I don't want anything too noisy so i sound like a boyracer going down the road.

any suggestion what others have done to there VR6 would be great.

Cheers

can

worms

hope you've got plenty of time for this!

welcome to the forum mate :)

edit: and someone's gonna say it...... try a search....... exhaust AND vr6 etc etc

have fun!

boo. hiss. full stainless is what you want. ;)

btw, its the induction kits that make LOADS of noise on a vr6, not really the exhausts in my opinion. k&n etc make for a very loud vr, but almost all the exhausts i've heard have been relatively quiet.

thanks guys for your prompt responce...

I know nothing about corrado exhausts, hence the question after a brief search on the web.

I would like to keep the exhaust / car origional as it's low mileage and not been modified. but with a brief chat with the VAG dealer the mid section and rear box are a complete unit which will need chopping in half and welding on the car as it's mounted above the rear axle obviously done before the body was put on the car. Is this info right ? this would cause problems to fit.

any advise most welcome.

Yeah that's true, but I had my axle dropped to fit my replacement VAG exhaust as I do things properly. It's not a major chore dropping the axle but most tyre places wouldn't entertain it.

I'd for VAG or SuperSprint if you want refinement and quality.

I found that with a stainless steel exhaust, even if you ask for it to be made as quiet as possible, it's still very loud on long journeys when the steel gets really hot.

The VR has a natural boom at 3000rpm (typically at 70mph!) which some exhausts over emphasise, which as you say gets worse the hotter the exhaust gets. I had a splitting headache after driving my VR for 3 hours straight when it had the Milltek on it!

Yeah, I drove around quite happily for a long while with my Longlife exhaust (( fitted excellently and looked great )), it was only when I did 400 miles in a day that it started to bother me. If I had to replace my exhaust again i'd go for a standard one (( although I think they're more expensive than most aftermarket ones :roll: ))

cheers guys.. what a great place this is for information... VAG it is then esp after the comment on noise after driving for a few hours. Anyone tackled dropping the axle what's involved, not looked in me manual yet.

I'm quite practical so would intend fitting it myself.

Cant go wrong with the VAG system, quiet but purposeful sound. They seem to last for about 10 years so its not bad, always that join that seems to go.

give tuningworks a bell 02086810208, as they have a supersprint exhaust that was ordered for someone, but never collected it,, normal retail £501, but he will let it go for £375, and thats the full system. 8)

it most definatly is mate. you will have to be quick with the supersprint exhaust before someone gets there mate. they are the best 8)

Annnd as we seem to have cleared up most of the new info - can we please keep the rest in the what exhaust thread please?

Thankingyou kindly.