Sign in to follow this  
dragon

16v inlet manifold

no video of the aforementioned manifold ? :lol:
:lol:
no video of the aforementioned manifold ? :lol:

:lol: no keeping serious now only car vids in future :lol:

I think the 2.0 16v uses a 50mm manifold, like the 1.8 16v Golf. Physically, it will fit the 1.8 16v Corrado. However, the 1.8 16v Corrado was fitted, as standard, with an inlet manifold comprised of narrower tracts (42mm). The higher inlet air velocity resulted in more low-end torque (to compensate for the extra weight of the Corrado) at the expense of a bit of top-end grunt.

Fitting the 50mm manifold will change your engine's spread of power. I'm not sure to what degree as I've never driven a 1.8 16v Corrado with a 50mm inlet manifold. There are plenty here who have though....

I think the 2.0 16v uses a 50mm manifold, like the 1.8 16v Golf. Physically, it will fit the 1.8 16v Corrado. However, the 1.8 16v Corrado was fitted, as standard, with an inlet manifold comprised of narrower tracts (42mm). The higher inlet air velocity resulted in more low-end torque (to compensate for the extra weight of the Corrado) at the expense of a bit of top-end grunt.

Fitting the 50mm manifold will change your engine's spread of power. I'm not sure to what degree as I've never driven a 1.8 16v Corrado with a 50mm inlet manifold. There are plenty here who have though....

MMM dont think i will change then just would like a good polished head :lol:

Like I said, plenty of people on here have made the change. Having said that I reckon my standard 1.8 16v is asthmatic enough already at the low-end of the rev range.

I guess you'd notice it more if you drive the car in town a lot. If you spend more time on the motorway it may actually be a beneficial change.

didnt the very early 1.8`s come with 40mm??? with 3 ridges on each branch and a stamp on the drivers side branch??

if 50mm reduces torque compared to 42mm would 40mm increase it??

(could be talkin rubbish, but i`m sure i remember 40mm from somewhere??)

please ignore me... quick look on ETKA shows just 2 :: 50mm and 42.5mm for golf and corrado although the golf one had the marks i described but the corrado one didnt!

ok thanks alot guys think i will bid for it .I can polish mine and sell that then thats the only problem with a daily runner time to do things like this cheers :D