Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

Top Mounts,- is there a difference???

i'm about to fit a set of fk konigsport coilovers to my corrado and just tried to order a set of venom's uprated top mounts to change in the process. however, venom said that they are only for post '92 cars so may not fit my 1990 16v body although the rest of my suspension has been changed along with the engine to VR6 spec,

can anyone help- is there a difference?? if so so i go with 1990 16v spec or late vr6 spec?

and does this mean i'm also gonna have problems fitting my konigsports (as they are for the later vr6 models)?

John at JMR (he'll be doing the work) told me to get a set of bonrath top mounts as he has put them on a number of G60's with FK's, however bonrath have just gone bust and venom reckon their own brand of up-rated mounts will do the same job, i just don't know what model to go for, i suspect it will just be a case of suck it and see tho!

But the bonrath ones were a "lowered" version. I personally, unless they have all changed the ranges stick with the OEM ones from VAG as I was recommended when I was looking by a number of "experts" to stick with them! They are more than up to the job, I've had no issues and I am quite well known for giving my car some stick!

The bodywork on the 16V will be exactly the same as the VR Bodywork. Go with the mounts that are for the engine and suspensio setup you have: ie. the VR6 Top mounts I would suggest. The VR6 engine mounts are about the best setup anyway I believe as the OEM ones are pretty damn good.

I must have misread as I thought you had a 16V - didn't read the bit about changing the engine and suspension setup to VR6