Sign in to follow this  
Solitaire

Help - Corrado Undriveable + popping sound!

Hi Guys, please help,

Corrado was fine when parked up last night, this morning, there was a loud bang when i turned the key, and car seemed to be misfiring, running very rough, kept cutting out, intermittent popping sound, some smoke from the exhaust, bit of a fuel smell from under the bonnet, and to top it all off, developed a mind of its own with the throttle, revving of its own accord intermittently, sometimes when just about to cut out, will run for a few minutes but dont think can chance driving any where.

Water level fine, oil ok, and right colour!, fuel tank full a week ago, used a quarter since, new TPS sensor, October, New Crank sensor, January, New auto ECU (car is an auto!) feb 1st, all ran fine since then, car also had Throttle housing stripped, cleaned and put back together feb 1st as there was a problem with the gear changes, has been fine since then, any ideas appreciated, car a 94M VR6 auto, 86K, full history but is due a service incase anything points to spark plugs/leads, sorry but i am not very mechanically minded!

thanks, Caroline

xbones, thanks for the info, it was the ISV damper, that had been 'blown apart' by the explosion in the cylinder when the car overfuelled on start up, however, now i have the new damper, i will still have the first overfuelling problem, which may cause the same thing to happen again, any ideas guys, no fault codes shown today that didnt relate to the poor running, so may be something mechanical?