Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

has anyone tried these LED 's?

Anybody know if these will fit in the twist holes above the dials... The twist portion is closer to the bulb that on the stadard corrado ones, but there is a void behind the dials if I'm right, so this should be no problem.

509bluefrost5pcsmed9ud.jpg

I had a small fight with my clocks last night (till about 1 in the morning) and didn't see any part numbers on the ones I was playing with..... I managed to replace mine with 3 Blue LED's but I'm not happy with the brightness of these at all and wanted something with a bit more kick. Might just go for the ulrabright ones (although the ones I had were meant to be that)

I also saw this and thought I could do a row of LED's in the void....... thoughts

HEREY

Anybody know if these will fit in the twist holes above the dials... The twist portion is closer to the bulb that on the stadard corrado ones, but there is a void behind the dials if I'm right, so this should be no problem.

509bluefrost5pcsmed9ud.jpg

They will fit, but are not the same as the original ones. The original ones would have the bulb coming out of the bottom instead of the top (as seen in those pictures), which spaces them out slightly differently giving you different light pattern when substituting them for those pictured.

Those pictured are the ones that fit behind the MFA and Milometer LCD screens.

Have been trying to find the BOSCH part number (VW Part Number 357919243B), for the correct replacement part so someone can pass it onto UltrLED's as I would like to see if that makes a difference.

I showed the bulbs to ultraleds and gave them the sizes before setiing up the Corrado pack, he chose the bulbs and said they were the correct ones, if not they can always be sent back.

I bought some led bulbs from the guy in the UK on Ebay they were blue and they fit but you have to twist them to get power to them. IE I assembled the damned cluster and put it back into the dash with one that was not turned far enough so out it came again. I also thought about using two 3" Cold Cathode UV lights but I just do not think there is enough clearance for them.

I have had to buy a spare cluster ($65.00) because taking mine in and out so much has screwed up my MFA and my speedo. I thought I would warn everyone that these parts are truly delicate.

I also did the reverse glow kit from DDI on my MFA and odometer and just kept it Green numerals with a black background. The results were fantastic. I wanted it to match my alpine stuff which it does nicely.

I showed the bulbs to ultraleds and gave them the sizes before setiing up the Corrado pack, he chose the bulbs and said they were the correct ones, if not they can always be sent back.

I thought the pack he put together was just LED's and resistors to make up yourself.. no bulbs ?

I thought the pack he put together was just LED's and resistors to make up yourself.. no bulbs ?[/quote:6783c]

No, it consists of the 3 floodlight bulbs, 2 for the MFA and 20 for LEDs with resistors for the switches.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info ... 3335866993