Sign in to follow this  
AB

bodyshop

hi sorry if this is a common one does anyone in the portsmouth area know of a reliable good bodyshop. or a reliable mate who could show how good their work is and wants a bit on the side. i am after a blow over and my fogs, indicators and number plate recess removed. thanks for any suggestions.

i was going to try hordean body shop and a few go through the yellow pages. so if i find any good ones i will also let you know.

i was going to try hordean body shop and a few go through the yellow pages. so if i find any good ones i will also let you know.
I visited there today for a quote :shock: :shock: I have had work done by them in the past and it wasn't that good. I went into Horndean Crash Repair Centre (Enterprise Rd) who were very helpful and reasonable. They are currently working on a twin engined golf which I'm going back to have a look at once it is out of the oven. I think I'll get then to do some work on the Polo and if it's up to scratch they'll probably get to do the respray on the C.

found a reliable bodyshop in gosport will do a full respray and smooth my front bumper £1200. going for it hopefully.

found a reliable bodyshop in gosport will do a full respray and smooth my front bumper £1200. going for it hopefully.
Will they be removing the windows, trim etc?

mate go have a look at this place! may be a little far to travel but, they are brilliant! and the prices are reasonable to.

http://www.rwmasters.co.uk/

To be honest £1200 sounds a bit cheap for a full respray, i am guessing you should be looking for figures of atleast £1500 upwards.

It may be worth having a chat with these guys , just so you can get an idea of what they charge.

They are just past chichester way, iam getting some work done on mine there pretty soon when i get the chance to drop everything off!

Just have a word with the likes of Darren from G-werks they reccomend this place highly aswell!

the respray is a bit cheaper due to the roof not needing any paint and a couple of other reasons. i will have a look into this tho thanks. what sort of work you having done??

Probably the whole lot, windows out etc. Most people think that my paintwork is fine, but I'm too choosy for my own good. As there are only a few small Tesco dings the prep costs shouldn't be too bad. Plus I intend to keep it for a good while yet.

sounds good. not sure if i have seen you around waterloville in it??. mine was a bit mistreated by it previous owner so i want to restore the paint to its former glory with a few smoothing touches.

i used dts in gosport for my respray they done a good job and done everything i asked them to. i imagine there are higher quality ones out there but they put in a lot of effort in to smoothing the side indicators, rear badge, rear seams and number plate recess. if you wanted a look at my car to see if the workman ship was to your satisfaction thats fine. but for a budget respray i was well impressed as i was worried it would come back covered in orange peel but it has a good finish on it.

it was about £1200 ish this was cash so it had no vat and it was through a friend of my boss. but he would have charged no more then £1500 cash. that was every panel painted and i can be fussy but i really cant grumble about the job. he even removed window seals for that. like a say if you want to have a look at an example of their work you are more than welcome to give my car the once over. i will not take offence if you dont use them as i am over the moon with the job.