Sign in to follow this  
VDUBBER

Dip stick??

HI all

Just a quick question does any one know how long the dip stick should be on a 2ltr 16v? The one i have seems to be a little short compared to my 1,8ltr 16v. When i put oil in to the max mark it dosn't seem to run right And when it says it's low it runs fine

Cheers fellas

If you put to much oil in you'll know about it belive me , I did it in my old golf once and i never saw so much smoke, luckily a nice aa bloke drained it and it was fine.

Dont know how long it should be though sorry.

The dipstick holders seem to crack quite easily. and this can affect the length of your dipstick :norty: but they are only a few quid from the stealers.

Heard a story once about an aprectice at a garage who was asked to fill up a car with oil, so he did, till it overflowed out the dipstick.

:lol: :lol: sorry this wont help, but a vr6 one is 53cm.

wheres bcstudent when you need him!! :lol:

I'm here...but I don't have a 2.0 16v handy! Sorry. I would, however, expect it to be very close in length to a 1.8 16v dipstick as the engines are very similar and both take four litres of oil (with a filter change).

A guy I went to school with filled his Metro up to the very top with oil too. Dumb arse! I've never seen oil running out of an exhaust before.

Cheers fellas

got it sorted now it was a dip stick out of a polo. Thought it looked short got a spare one my mate had liying around seems to be running fine now