Sign in to follow this  
chaz g60

Coolant question

Just a quick question to clarify, I just changed the black temp sensor and of course coolant came out so can i just replace with water till i get somwhere to get the G-12 and also what kind of mixture do you use??

In all honesty anytime iv'e toped up my water (which has been often recently) i've just used water!

Cheers.

Yeah - just use water for now...

You shouldn't loose any when changing those senders - just make sure the car is cold and you undo the exp tank cap to depressurise the system next time...

Tempest, is that actually the correct dilution? I thought it was 60:40 Water to G12+?

combingclaire.jpg

..nit picking.

Tempest, is that actually the correct dilution? I thought it was 60:40 Water to G12+?

I often do use 30:70 (G:water), but in our mild climates, you don't really need to go beyond that. As a matter of fact, if you go too far, i.e. mix in too much G12+, you loose some of the cooling capabilities at high temperatures, as G12+ lowers the freezing point, but in doing so, also lowers the entire temperature scale of the coolant mixture.

Tempest

Right, cheers guys i din't have a clue about it. I'll grab a bottle today and put a bit in, Do you know how many litres of coolant the g60 takes when fully drained??