Sign in to follow this  
corradog60

dump valve on a g60

if any one want to know how to put a dump valve on a g60 its simple....

all you need is :

a dump valve

a 60mm t-peace

x2 60mm jubalee clips

about a metre of washer jet hose

a washer jet t-peace

a small bit of hose that the bottom of the valve can slide into and a jubalee clip

Mod Edit: two posts into one

Have you actually T'd in a dump valve or have you done the ISV reroute as both will have similar effect the only problem with a dump valve is that it will spray a fine mist of oil out each time it dumps off it's pressure which will coat your engine bay with oil. With the ISV reroute though you dont get the mist spraying out so in my view is a better way of going about it IMHO

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

ISV = Idle Stabilisation Valve

The isv reroute is basically getting rid of the boost return pipe that goes back to the charger and routing the the isv back into the incoming boost pipe, what this does is put leaked boost ( from leaky ISV) back into the throttle body which would otherwise be wasted back to the charger. And it also makes a very distinctive noise when it dumps the boost after each gear change :D

I've just got rid of the boost return on my G60 but i dont get any cool whooshing sound when i change gear. My charger only makes about 9 psi (completely stock), how much do i need to be able to hear the "whoosh" sound?

Rob

should be able to hear a little with 9psi... you may need to shift higher in the rpms.. turn down the music :lol:

You don't need to remove the boost return pipe with the ISV reroute, just block off the connector where the ISV used to connect to it. If you remove the booost return you will not benefit from the oil vapour from the crank case breather which helps lubricate the charger and you will get the foul oily smell in the car. Bahn Brenner reckon it will also reduce the life of the charger due to charger "shock". The charger has more pressure on the exhaust side which forces the scroll over. When you change gear the is a sudden loss of pressure which shocks the scroll. They (BBM) reckon this is reduced when the return pipe is fitted. I personally prefer the whistles from the return pipe than the Boy racer Dump valve sound.

When I removed mine the car felt slightly more responsive.

I refitted the gauze filter and the rubber elbow afterwards with new jubilee clips but still managed to blow the gauze out during a gearchange!

I liked the blow off sound but couldn't live with the other noises and the oil mist everywhere due to the lack of a catchtank.

I have since refitted the return pipes but when this mod is properly sorted I think I will be trying it again.

So is everyone running higher boost then or what?

I've directed the oil breather into a catch tank so no problems there. Seems that all ive gained is a whistle at idle but nothing else. Nevermind, should help in the long run when i get the charger sorted and running a smaller pulley.