Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Settling in period with new suspension kit

Hi

I'm getting a suspension kit fitted tomorrow. I understand there is a 2 week "settling in" period for new suspension. How should I drive the car during this period? Do I have to take it real easy round corners? Will how hard I drive it affect how 'low' the car settles or will it not make any difference?

Cheers for any help.

There's no such thing as bedding in suspension. Dampers are perfect on day 1 and deterioate from then on.

Springs can 'sag' with age, but again, don't bed in as such.

Just drive it an enjoy whilst it's all new.

Hi guys. Thanks for your replies. Settled on the gmax kit which I'm sure some will dislike as it's a 'budget kit' but I've heard a lot of good reviews about it on the vr6oc.com and it uses gas based dampers which last (apparently.. and have a 3yr guarentee) and do the job...at the end of the day I only want it to be an improvement over the soggy Golf VR's standard suspension and to get improved looks. Drops the car 35mm.

we have just fitted a -50 kw kit to my wifes golf and its really impressive. The car is totally transformed now. If you kit is anything like this one you wont be dissapointed.

Yeah looks very good. I wanted to go a bit lower than the 35-40mm I'm getting but where I live it's full of speed bumps.. and pretty hilly. I could always move house to somewhere flatter :)

This is my wifes car and she regulary drives over speed humps etc and has had no rubbing/scraping yet. It is wearing 17" wheels though so that helps a little.