Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

brake and power steering change 94 vr6

I am going to change my discs and pads all round on my 94 vr6. when looking on gsf to order not sure what pads to have. goona plump for pagid but don't know if i have the pad wear indicators or not. admittedly i haven't had a look yet but how can i tell??

also how much brake fluid is needed to completely refresh the system, and how much p steering fluid? how do i change the powersteering fluid (basically is it easy).

also its not really worth having drilled discs on a road car??

what do you guys reccomend for discs pads and fluids?

thanks

matt :D (happy spannering everyone)

There is no pad wear indicators on corrados im afraid.Suck out old brake fluid from your reservoir using an old syringe then fill it up with fresh fluid to bleed through,probably no more than 1 litre.

As for your power steering,ive never changed the fluid ,but pulling off hoses ect to get out the old fluid is the way to go...fluid everywhere !!

If you like heavy braking then drilled discs do work,they stop brake fade under heavy braking,same with brake fluid standard DOT 3-4 will do.

But how hard do you drive/brake?

Need to get new discs and pads for mine, looking at getting Pagid pads as rate them from previous experience and going to probaly try brembo max discs.... although seems to be a lot of support for standard VAG discs on here....

always gone with dot 4 brake fluid from GSF in the past....

I should have some Black Diamond 280 grooved disks and ferodo DS2500 pads available soon. Very little wear. Will put in 'For sale' when I no longer need them

If you like heavy braking then drilled discs do work,they stop brake fade under heavy braking,same with brake fluid standard DOT 3-4 will do.

But how hard do you drive/brake?

I drive reasonably fast but not on the track or anything.