Sign in to follow this  
dig776

Braking strangeness

Just drove my rado for the first time this weekend, hit the unlock button and the alarm told me that it had gone off at some point. Then drove up the road, came to the T junction put the brakes on and didn't stop :shock:

Luckily nothing coming. Drove down the road a bit and jammed on the anchors a few times and it felt like the front right was locking but nothing from the left. Tested them a few more times and it all seemed ok. No hissing or anything from bonnet when brakes applied so am at a loss as to what it is. :?:

It has been exceptionally rainy here but no reason for the brakes not working. Another trip to the garage tomorrow :roll:

Drove it home from work on Friday evening (only 10mins) and unfortunately it is left on the street (I think it is old and needs a garage). It has rained pretty much non stop since Friday though.

ossibly signs of a sticky piston in the caliper on the near side?

Sounds about right. Drove it again today and it was spot on even after several emergency stops. Will have a look tomor and check the caliper.

If it keeps braking down I think I may have to resort to a sensible car (thinking A4 or passat at the mo :( that or learn how to fix stuff.

Cheers to all for help :)

aye,even fixing yourself still fecks ya off though :lol: friggin corrado's :mad: :lol:

Neil.