Sign in to follow this  
jimbo-corrado

VIBRA-TECHNICS

I have got hold of a vibra-technics front engine mount , fitted it and the problem i am having is there is still alot of lift from the front of the engine , at least an inch if not more , has enyone got one fitted and is this normal . I thought these engine mount were supposed to give next to no movement , i may be wrong :? can anyone help .

Sounds like it's a used G60 or 16V one in which case if it's moving that much, it's knackered. VR6 ones are solid rubber (internals) and barely move at all but the first generation 16V/G60 VTs did try and emulate the hyrdualic action of the stock mount, but with better damping control - but they often failed more often than the VW ones.

The whole VT range has been improved in recent years.

Kev

Had one fitted by Dubsport on Saturday, as before when you went to pull away in first and second quickly you could feel the engine move.

With the VT mount fitted that is totally eliminated dosen't move at all ( I know it has to move as it has to have some give) so that seem s rather excessive.

how good are the turn2 mounts compared to the vt ones?

Avoid the front poly mount - harsh vibration at 4K plus.

Their Heavy duty rubber gearbox one is good though.

Kev

Been onto vibra-technics today , they say the mount should only move 3-4mm on harsh take-off , thats for a fast road version . I stripped the one i have got today and it's been bodged , i dont even think its a vibra-technics bush that has been fitted into the alloy casting !! . Bit pi$$ed off cause i polished the mounting up before i put it on , going on the understanding that it was in perfect working order , never mind , so im gonna send off for a new fast road bush at £59 and it will be as new and still saving £61 .

I have fitted a new mounting to the back of the engine , gearbox and the front one is only a couple of months old , but all the movement seems to be coming from the front mount . I am having problems with the engine touching the under side of the bonnet with it been a 2.0 block and the exhauste keeps cracking then blowing on the first box off the down pipe , hopefully the new front mount will stop the movement causing these problems . :mad:

It should solve your problem but be aware that the Fast road insert is a fair bit firmer than the regular grade insert. You may get a bit of vibration, but hopefully not a horrendous amount.

Kev

i've said it once and i'll say it again, when changing/upgrading engine mount do them all including the gearbox ones. If you add a stiffer mount (i.e new or uprated one) the load is passed to the others cos they will move easier. physics guys.

You teach us physics Nigel and we'll sort you on the English mate ;)

ALARM WILL SOUND IF YOU DO NOT BACK AWAY :lol:

i've said it once and i'll say it again, when changing/upgrading engine mount do them all including the gearbox ones. If you add a stiffer mount (i.e new or uprated one) the load is passed to the others cos they will move easier. physics guys.

Yes but the rear ones don't cause the engine to hit the bonnet if they let go. And who has £140 x 2 + £100 for three VT mounts laying about?

I have a VT front and a turn2 gearbox mount and the rear mount is standard and am perfectly happy with that configuration.

Kev

Stealth sell VT mounts. Turn2 products come from America only, AFAIK, but my gearbox one arrived a couple of days later and Turn2 help you out with import duty.

Kev

I have a VT front and a turn2 gearbox mount and the rear mount is standard and am perfectly happy with that configuration.

Kev

im sure you are but they will wear out quicker!!