Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

help please!

hi guys i just picked my water pump up frm vag my new one! was £80.25 with vat then when i get my old one i get £40 back.

so the problem is the part number on the invoice is

VO37 121 010 BX - 4A00 5602087PUM

and i just looked at the pump itself and the number on it is 037 121 013 A

so some please advise me if this is right or wrong

as i need it for monday but wanna make sure its the right one thanks all Andy

yeah i can Dan but they said thats right and if i can get the definite right code and its different! i will be back on the phone straight away! the one on the water pump dom is defo 037 121 013 A so it should be on your etka

Sorry Andy, not much help. They all "look" like this a bit; the Mk2 Golf one did.

Are you getting it fitted or fitting your self?

Why not ask VAG if you can buy the other type (assuming one does) on the arrangement that you can return it with a full refund if the first one is a successful fit? :?: - just an idea ;)

If it didnt fit, I would feel within my rights to retun it and expect a refund.

thanks stuart if its not right i will go change it or get a refund and no im not fitting it myself im taking it to darren on monday but its over on the mainland! so if its not the right one i'll feel like a tit and although im getting some other stuff done there it will be a slightly wasted journey! so i just thought someone on here might of brought one and would know what the right code is! im sure someone will come up trumps soon cheers andy

ETKA 6.02

Shows O37 121 010 A so sounds like O37 121 010 BX is a superceded version i recon thats right.

Dunno what 037 121 013 A is though.

lads anyone please!

Yep I can help. I replaced my pump on my 60 lastweek with a Vag one. Part No on my invoice is....

V037 121 010 BX £28.30 with as you say a £40 surcharge when old duffer is given in return.

Actually I was going to PM Dinkus later I have a how to replace the water pump to post.

What fun it was to nip down the local shop and buy for £12 the pump...Then shear off the bolts on my old one....Dong. The lads at VW said why stores supply just the face of the pump is beyond them. You will never remove the bolts from the old one. Way better to replace the whole housing.

also did you change cam belt as well

Can't tell you about a No pump is now on as is all other stuff. Engine bay is finished.

Ha what have I not changed in the last 3 months.. Here goes.

Head skimmed and rebuilt. New headset with metal gasket.

Gearbox all main bearings replaced plus VR 1st n 2nd gears..My mate did this he's a transmission builder.

VR clutch.. Expensive from the dealer but what the hell

VR strut mounts and bearings new Weitec kit from the man of G.

Stage 4 charger rebuilt again by the man of G plus RSR outlet kit.

All new belts plus shorter belt for the charger to match 68mm pulley

SNS 5.5 chip for the ECU.

New bearings in the front hubs plus all new CV boots both inboard and outboard.

New heater box and matrix..What a day that was :mad:

New throttle plate at the inlet. Old 1 had no vac nipples.

You should see the pile of scrap that is out back...It grows daily.

So yep I did the Cam belt and the tensioner. Not to hard. Bit of a fiddle with the dizzy but got there in the end.

I have not heard her run in 4 months. The suspension will be done this weekend then to fire her up. :D

As I said.. Don't know about a No.. The pump went on easy. 4 big studs the whole housing came of. A quick clean up and on it went. Did not look for a No. Trusted in the god of Ekta not the guy that was using it....!

Yes the car was standard before the chip. Infact it was fitted with an oversize pulley 90mm so the charger was under-running???? As for the SNS chip we wait. The car will be started for the first time since newyear next week. I have to retune the CO pot to around 450 ohms. So said Dubcharged. Anybody know how to do that??