Sign in to follow this  
logicaltuning

spacers on standard rims?!

after giving the car a quick clean today, i decided its gotta look meaner, and i want to do this via spacing the rims out

has anyone spaced the standard rims? and if so by how much?!?!?!

i want the look of this

to be applied to mine!

SA400003.jpg

without going mad on porsche or 9/10" wide rims i think this may set off the oem exterior look nicely

and can anyone recommend anywhere that can sell decent spacers?

yours is a valver right? et35 standard, probably something like et30 would get the wheels right inline with the arches, but i'd go for 'slightly' less than that if you can, less rubbing issues that way! I got some spacers from euro car parts which werent great, but were only about £20. make the wheels wobble like mad! try and find hubcentric ones if you can.

might have some 8mm ronal hubcentric wheel spacers which may help i had intended to fit them to my 17" BBS Rxs but i now have Porsche D90s and no longer need them, Prob looking for around £40 +P&P.

I fitted Passat wishbones to my 2l 16v (along with the driveshafts + track rods). This spaces the wheels out 18mm each side.

I am running 7x16 et35 wheels on a 40mm drop. In effect I am running Et17 and suffer no rubbing and the wheels are tucked just inside the arch.

I also a have a set of BMW 7x15 et24 wheels that I am running on the car at the moment. This in effect gives me an et of 6. You can see the wheels protruding just beyond the arch, but they don't catch.

If you do use spacers, spend the money and buy hubcentric ones.